Arbitrator, Adjudicator and Mediator
Uju is an Arbitrator, Adjudicator and Mediator. With wide-ranging experience across many different industry sectors, Uju has arbitrated, adjudicated or mediated over 1,600 disputes to date. Uju has been appointed on the following panels:
- The Association of British Travel Agents Arbitration Scheme (ABTA)
- The Funeral Arbitration Scheme
- The Communications & Internet Services Adjudication Scheme (CISAS)
- The Postal Redress Service (POSTRS)
- Tenancy Deposits Scheme (my|deposits)
- The Independent Lottery Operators Adjudication Scheme
- The Independent Redress Scheme for Air Passengers
- The Water Redress Scheme (WATRS)
- The Consumer Code for Home Builders Adjudication Scheme (CCHBAS)
Independent Complaints Review
- The Independent Complaints Adjudication Service for Ofsted (ICASO)
- The Independent External Complaints Review Service for Homes England
Mediation and Conciliation
Accredited as a Mediator in 2007, Uju acts as a mediator in ad-hoc mediations across a wide range of sectors including employment/workplace and general commercial disputes.
Uju also acts a Conciliator on the following panels:
- The Funeral Arbitration Scheme (FAS) Conciliation Service
- The British Association of Removers Conciliation Service
- The Independent Consumer Conciliation Service
- The Renewable Energy Assurance Ltd (REAL) Conciliation Service
Uju joined CEDR in 2005 and was previously the Senior Client Adviser of the CEDR Solve team. As a Senior Client Advisor, she advised senior Legal and Corporate clients on dispute resolution procedures, as an alternative to litigation in the courts, with a primary focus on mediation; adjudication; expert determination; and early neutral evaluation. Disputes ranged from complex multi-million pound, multi-party disputes to court-annexed schemes such as the Court of Appeal Mediation Scheme.
Uju is a Member of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators and holds a Professional Award in Ombudsman and Complaint Handling Practice from the Queen Margaret University, Edinburgh.
Uju graduated with 2.1 LLB (Hons) Law and European Legal Systems degree from the University of East Anglia, Norwich and University of Uppsala, Sweden.
Uju was a member of the Board of Trustees of Confidential and Local Mediation (CALM) from 2009 to 2013. CALM is a small charitable organisation in London which provides community mediation, mediation training and restorative justice services.