CEDR mediators successfully resolve 89% of disputes.
Mediation is uniquely placed to address the legal, financial, and emotional issues which are at the heart of Trusts, Wills & Probate disputes. Through the use of mediation, parties to disputes are able to reach fair, commercial settlements which allow families to heal and businesses to continue.
CEDR’s mediators are experienced in working with parties to Trust, Wills & Probate disputes with varying levels of complexity, ranging in value from £10,000 to the hundreds of millions. Here are some examples:
- Distribution of an estate valued in excess of £20m to children of the deceased.
- Challenge to a will governing the distribution of an estate worth £150,000 under the intestacy rules by a child to the deceased.
- High-net worth Family dispute in connection with very large property portfolio £100m.
- Distribution of over £400 million in assets held in a family trust.
- Negligence claims against trustees to offshore and onshore trusts.
CEDR's 12 Trust, Wills & Probate mediation specialists who are uniquely positioned to help you (see all below).
“The mediator has a very dynamic and proactive approach to mediation. She does not take a back seat but drives the energy and flow of the mediation very effectively. She is extremely well prepared and helped the parties cut through the legal and commercial difficulties and work past entrenchment issues in order to reach a deal which worked for both sides.” - Senior Associate, Sheffield Based Firm
“The conduct of the CEDR staff prior to the mediation and during mediation was great. The responses were very efficient and whenever help was needed, we received it.” - Senior Associate, City Law Firm
“I thought the prospect of a settlement was zero. Your skills in dealing with both sides somehow produced a very fair deal … You are very much on the “list”. - Senior Partner, Silver Circle Law Firm