The ICASO is administered by the Centre for Effective Dispute Resolution (CEDR).
CEDR was appointed by the Department of Education to administer ICASO in 2009. The contract is held by the Department for Education to ensure independence from Ofsted.
CEDR is an independent, non-profit organisation, which offers leading alternative dispute resolution, consultancy and training services. Since its founding in 1990, CEDR has helped resolve more than 30,000 consumer disputes. CEDR operates a number of mediation and adjudicative processes for the commercial and consumer sectors, local, national and international government agencies and for other public sector parties. As well as the Independent Complaints Adjudication Service for the Office for Standards in Education (Ofsted), CEDR run the following schemes:
- Aviation Adjudication Scheme
- Communications and Internet Services Adjudication Scheme (CISAS)
- Consumer Code for Home Builders Adjudication
- Independent Complaints Review Service for the Regulator of Social Housing
- Independent Complaints Review Service for the Homes England (formerly Homes and Communities Agency)
- Independent Complaints Review Service for the Solicitors Regulation Authority
- Funeral Arbitration Scheme
- Glass and Glazing Federation Arbitration
- National Lottery Adjudication Scheme
- Motor Codes Arbitration
- Postal Services Redress Scheme (POSTRS)
- Renewable Energy Arbitration
- Water Industry Adjudication Scheme (WATRS)