Fixed-Fee Mediation Scheme
Fixed price mediation provides the services of a CEDR Panel Mediator for a fixed price that covers all pre-mediation preparation and mediation time on the day itself up to a maximum of 7 hours. CEDR will select the mediator on the parties’ behalf or, for a small extra cost, a shortlist of mediators can be provided from which the parties can choose.
What is covered?
- All reasonable preparation and up to 7 hours of mediation time.
- Full administrative support provided by CEDR.
- Mediators’ travel expenses to attend the mediation are included within the fixed price.
What's not covered?
- Costs of a venue (minimum of three rooms is strongly recommended).
- Refreshments and other disbursements.
- Mediator time in excess of 7 hours on the day of the mediation. Mediators tend to arrive to prepare and set up the mediation no less than 30 minutes before the mediation begins.
- Excessive preparation time, generally more than 2 hours per party. If the parties require the mediator to consider voluminous material or engage in substantial pre-mediation contact, CEDR will contact the parties and seek to agree on a fair top-up fee in these circumstances. If the parties decline to agree a fee the mediator may decide to decline the appointment.
CEDR can arrange the mediation within 48 hours, or less if pending court action requires it, but we recommend parties give themselves at least a week’s notice in which to prepare.