27 Apr 2017
CEDR launches new Advanced Negotiation Skills programme
CEDR is delighted to announce today the launch of its new flagship negotiation courses for individuals, Advanced Negotiation Skills.
Being an able negotiator is a vital life skill and critical for many jobs. Yet many people who work as negotiators have received little or no training in how to actually negotiate and find that they are not as effective as they want to be or that their negotiations become deadlocked. Even the most experienced practitioners have frequently not reflected on their own style of negotiation and how to maximise their potential to get the best outcomes. CEDR’s Advanced Negotiation Skills course is designed to train participants in all of the skills needed to be an effective, confident, high-achieving negotiator.
The course is split into two modules. The first module can be taken alone or can be combined with the second module for extensive coaching and analysis of a negotiator’s style.
The comprehensive 3-day Module 1, will allow any individual to gain knowledge of how to negotiate practically. The course is taught by CEDR’s leading negotiation trainers, Felicity Steadman and Chula Rupasinha with an emphasis on practical application of the skills.
During Module 1, delegates will learn:
- A framework for handling every negotiation
- Communication skills for negotiation
- How to make and respond to offers
- Styles and personalities of different negotiators and how to handle them
- How to create effective negotiation strategies
- How to deal with tricks, ploys and negotiation challenges
- How to handle stress and emotion in a negotiation
- Ways of breaking deadlock
For negotiators, who want extensive coaching and practical training as well, there is the option to take the follow-on 2-day Module 2. This course is strictly limited to 12 participants and focusses on challenging negotiation problems, with an emphasis on coaching of individual participant styles as well as a private one-to-one clinic focussing on delegates’ own negotiation scenarios. The course is taught by CEDR’s leading trainers, Felicity Steadman, Ranse Howell and James South. During the module, participants will participate in 8 hours of simulated negotiations with coaching.
During Module 2, delegates will:
- Be able to bring their own personality and style effectively into a negotiation
- Devise solutions to a negotiation and enhance positive outcomes
- Work under pressure to negotiate effective outcomes
- Develop the ability to handle value and numbers in a negotiation
- Understand team dynamics and how to negotiate in and against teams
- Develop their negotiation style
- Receive coaching and one-to-one feedback through a negotiation role play based on CEDR’s negotiation competencies
- Receive one-to-one coaching focussing on their own personal negotiation issue.
The course dates are:
Module 1: 13, 14, 15 September 2017. Holborn Bars, London. £1750+VAT per delegate
Module 2: 9, 10 November 2017, Holborn Bars, London. £2000+VAT per delegate
To find out more about the course or book online, please see: Advanced Negotiation Skills
Or contact, firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes: Course details are correct at the time of going to press but CEDR reserves the right to change elements of the course prior to the commencement of the course.