Chairing and Facilitating Skills
Being an effective Chair and Facilitator of others' conversations is an art which needs practising.
The best Chairs are able to ensure that challenging points are dealt with; there is an effective exchange of information and views and that real progress is made from points. However, too many chairs let process slip or fail to enable views and ideas to be exchanged effectively.
CEDR's chairing and facilitation course enables you to learn the skills of chairing; the ways to emphasise an effective process; handle disparities between people in terms of communication styles and needs for attention and how to work through conflict and difficult issues.
The course covers:
- The nature of being an effective chair
- A framework for facilitating dialogue between others
- How to handle difficult issues
- Ways of moving toward an agreed outcome
- Alternative techniques for challenging scenarios
- How to use tools to propel dialogue
You will be able to:
- Chair any meeting with confidence
- Stick to an agreed agenda and make sure that key decisions are made
- Handle tension and conflict between parties.
This course is bespoke to client requirements. For more information please contact CEDR Skills on:
+44 (0)20 7536 6000 firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information or to book a place, contact CEDR Skills on:
Tel: +44 (0)20 7536 6000