'Crisis Negotiation' - refers to the techniques typically used by professional Hostage and Crisis Negotiators throughout the world to communicate with people who are threatening serious harm, whether to themselves or others.
This is the world of the 'Crisis Negotiator' where the sudden, unexpected and most extreme behaviours of people can have a significant impact on business as well as everyday lives. Learning with professional Hostage and Crisis Negotiators will give you the ultimate skill set in listening, understanding, influencing and leading people.
Focusing on individual skills, the course offered by CEDR immerses participants in these proven 'life in your hand' skills, enabling participants to:
- Identify, analyse, understand and find the optimum path through different types of crisis'
- Apply a model used by Crisis Negotiators to meet the extreme, create options and influence behaviour in line with organisational goals
- Manage emotion - yours and theirs
- Recognise key personality traits and be able to adjust negotiation style
- Through group exercise and simulated crisis negotiations learn how to listen to 'understand the problem, understand the personality' and use that insight to influence and problem solve to the astonishment of others.
These skills are the fundamental building blocks for transformational dialogue, presented through the medium of crisis; they are 'skills for life.'
Testimonials about our trainers
"Outstanding people, inspiring. Well-paced, well designed. Incredible knowledge gain. I have learned both about my possibilities and my limits."
"The team in a good way show that it's all about people and crisis negotiation can be transferred into everyday life."
This course is bespoke to client requirements. For more information please contact CEDR Skills on:
+44 (0)20 7536 6000 email@example.com
For more information or to book a place, contact CEDR Skills on:
Tel: +44 (0)20 7536 6000