Essential Negotiation Skills
Although Negotiation Skills are critical for all business people, many people have had no formal negotiation training, instead relying on instinct and working out what they think are effective strategies.
This one day course will provide participants with a clear introduction to how to negotiate through concise information provision and the opportunity to practise in a simulated negotiation.
All of our courses are taught by experienced negotiation practicioners and feature an emphasis on practical skills.
Please note: our One day course is only available as an in-house purchase and is not available for individuals. Due to the time constraints, the course cannot cover as much material or provide as much practice as our longer courses. If you would like more focus, please consider our two, three or five day programmes.
On the two day course, the following content is provided:
- Negotiation Conflict Styles
- Identify and understand different styles of negotiating
- Framework for an effective negotiation
- Identify the negotiation phase model
- Establish preparation essentials
- Examine a negotiation planning instrument
- Analyse the important elements necessary for successful
- Creating and Claiming value in negotiation
- Identifying positions and interests in negotiation
- How to increase bargaining power and make effective offers
- Analyse a strategic framework
- Establish the requirements for a successful integrative negotiation
- Analyse the difference between interests and positions
- A practical negotiation simulation with the opportunity for coaching
- Effective communication skills within negotiation
- The essential components of how to use active listening
- Improve use of questions in negotiation
- Examine non-verbal communication essentials
- Building and maintaining trust in a negotiation
- Identify factors to establish trust
- Methods of maintaining trust
- Process for regaining/re-establishing trust if it has been lost
- Effective use of persuasion and influence
- Identify the key principles of persuasion and influence (within and between teams)
- Present an approach/methodology of how to use these principles strategically
- Managing emotion
- Identify different approaches in dealing with emotions
- Present a method of engaging in difficult negotiation conversation
- Define the core concerns when dealing with emotion
- Dealing with deadlock
- Process for approaching deadlock/stalemate situations
- Establishing a framework for how to actively engage in dealing with deadlock situations
- Tricks, ploys and strategies in negotiation
- Identify tricks and ploys used in negotiation
- Establish an approach/method of identifying and dealing with these negotiation strategies
- Individual negotiation feedback
- Analyse particular factors which have caused concern/interest during training
The course is suitable for all who have to negotiate within their work, whether conducting negotiations for products or services, representing clients, or even with day-to-day management. The two day course is a popular choice for organisations who want to ensure that their teams have more opportunity to practise the skills and have more in depth learning and time for reflection than the one day course allows.
Participants come from all industries, and recently we have delivered courses to groups in law, business, banking, government and insurance.
CEDR's Two Day Course is a perfect grounding in negotiation skills.
After participating in the course, delegates will have a clear framework for how to negotiate, understand and be able to deploy the communication skills to allow them to negotiate more effectively immediately and how to use them with different negotiator personalities and styles.
As well as allowing participants to learn how to handle a standard negotiation, the course also focusses on more difficult elements of negotiation, such as dealing with deadlock, handling tricks, ploys and strategies and how to work with emotions of the negotiating parties.
The course provides opportunity for reflection and coaching to allow participants to gain confidence in their negotiation skills.
This course is bespoke to client requirements. For more information please contact CEDR Skills on:
+44 (0)20 7536 6000 firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information or to book a place, contact CEDR Skills on:
Tel: +44 (0)20 7536 6000