Mediator Skills Training - Paris
In partnership with IFOMENE
The Institute for Mediation and Negotiation Training (IFOMENE) was founded, in 1997, to respond to the rising need for Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) processes to prevent and resolve conflicts in France. IFOMENE is today the leading negotiation and mediation’s training centre in France, with more than 200 new trained mediators each year. IFOMENE works, among others, with bar associations, chambers of commerce, governmental and intergovernmental organisation in France but also in North Africa, Lebanon, Italy, Spain, United States, and Canada. Through its exclusive Partnership with IFOMENE, CEDR is now able to offer the sole English Mediator Skills Training programme in Paris.
CEDR Mediator Skills Training course has been developed to reflect best practice in training delivery and the evolving practice of mediation with an emphasis on the practical application of the skills required by an effective mediator. It is this ability to integrate theory and practice into thought leadership and cutting edge products which have made and maintained our reputation for excellence in providing mediation skills training around the world. CEDR trainers are all practising mediators who draw on their experience to teach the skills and process of mediation from a practical, pragmatic viewpoint.
CEDR international experience has also allowed them to build a course which can adjust to local cultural, legal and regulatory requirements, while still maintaining practical focus.
For successful participants, this course results in the awarding of CEDR accreditation, recognised worldwide by top business as the badge of mediator quality.
This course will also result in allowing, successful participants, access to IFOMENE mediator part 2 certification (Diplôme Universitaire de médiateur 2nde Partie).
This 6-day course is conducted using the following two modules process:
Module 1: Mediation in Practice - Foundation Skills Training
This 3-day course focuses on what CEDR does best: Highly skilled trainers who are also experienced mediators, assisting course participants to learn and apply the process and skills of mediation. All 3 days of the CEDR course involve practical exercise and role-plays, where all participants will get the opportunity to be the mediator and receive coaching and feedback from experienced mediators.
Focuses on the practical application of the process and key skills of a mediator in the opening and exploration phases of mediation.
- Sessions include phases of mediation, preparation, mediator opening, what and how to explore, active listening skills and building trust and rapport.
- Participants continue their practice of the process and key skills of an effective mediator focusing on the early bargaining phases of mediation.
- Sessions include Non-verbal communication, working with emotions, managing offers, negotiation skills for mediators and handling status and power imbalance in mediation.
- The final stage of Bargaining and the Concluding phase will be examined in detail today and all participants will get another opportunity to mediate in the afternoon with more coaching and feedback from experienced mediators.
- Sessions include dealing with deadlock, challenging parties, reality testing and mediator ethics.
Module 2: Internationally Quality Assured Mediator - CEDR Accreditation
This module will enable those who want to differentiate themselves in the marketplace and establish that they are of a quality consistent with other mediators internationally.
Day 1: Practice Day
- This day is focussed on one case throughout the day with everyone mediating once and also playing a party and their lawyer.
- A coach is present in each role play throughout the day to give each participant extensive coaching during the role play, followed by a 1 to 1 personal feedback in order to focus on strengths and areas for development to prepare them for the assessment days.
Day 2 and 3: Assessment for CEDR and IFOMENE Accreditation
- Assessed by CEDR’s training faculty, successful participants are awarded the Internationally recognised badge of quality - CEDR Accredited Mediator.
- On day 2 each participant is assessed on the earlier phases of mediation.
- On day 3 each participant is assessed on the middle and later parts of the mediation.
€4500.00 plus 20% UK VAT (if based in the UK) for all participants
15, 16, 17 October 2019 &
12, 13, 14 November 2019
Address: Catholic University of Paris, 21 Rue d'Assas, 75270 Paris, France