Mediator Skills Training - Russia
This course will be taught in Russian
This 6 days course taking place in Moscow is conducted using the following process:
This 6-day course focuses on what CEDR does best: Highly skilled trainers who are also experienced mediators, assisting course participants to learn and apply the process and skills of mediation. All 6 days of the CEDR course involve practical exercise and role-plays, where all participants will get the opportunity to be the mediator and receive coaching and feedback from experienced mediators.
• Focuses on the practical application of the process and key skills of a mediator in the opening and exploration phases of mediation.
• Sessions include phases of mediation, preparation, mediator opening, what and how to explore, active listening skills and building trust and rapport.
• Participants continue their practice of the process and key skills of an effective mediator focusing on the early bargaining phases of mediation.
• Sessions include Non-verbal communication, working with Emotions, managing offers, negotiation skills for mediators and handling status and power imbalance in mediation.
• The final stage of Bargaining and the Concluding phase will be examined in detail today and all participants will get another opportunity to mediate in the afternoon with more coaching and feedback from experienced mediators.
• Sessions include dealing with deadlock, challenging parties, reality testing and mediator ethics.
This course will enable those who want to differentiate themselves in the marketplace and establish that they are of a quality consistent with other mediators internationally.
Day 4: Practice Day
• This day is focussed on one case throughout the day with everyone mediating once and also playing a party and their lawyer.
• A coach is present in each role play throughout the day to give each participant extensive coaching during the role play, followed by a 1 to 1 personal feedback in order to focus on strengths and areas for development to prepare them for the assessment days.
Day 5 and 6: Assessment for CEDR Accreditation
• Assessed by CEDR’s training faculty, successful participants are awarded the Internationally recognised badge of quality - CEDR Accredited mediator.
• On day 5 each participant is assessed on the earlier phases of mediation.
• On day 6 each participant is assessed on the middle and later parts of the mediation.
For more information or to book a place
Please contact the training team on: Telephone: +44 (0)20 7536 6000 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org