Mediation matters: Addressing mental wellbeing issues in the workplace
This special half-day workshop will explore the key relationship between mental health and wellbeing and the prevention, management and resolution of employment and workplace disputes. Through a combination of expert panel discussion and demonstration of real case examples we will:
- Consider why mental health issues are so important for those responsible for managing conflict and mediating disputes.
- Explore how mediation and effective conflict management can play a vital and transformative role in promoting a positive and proactive approach to mental health and wellbeing in the workplace.
- Share examples and experiences of real cases highlighting challenges and successes, including:
- Managing the particular issues surrounding mental wellbeing in the workplace.
- Mediations involving employees suffering from a mental health condition or disorder.
- Understanding when to mediate and when to seek psychological support.
- Coaching to facilitate return to work following either periods of work-related illness or trauma.
- Illustrating instances where mediation has been a positive life changer
We invite you to join us for this interactive session and contribute to shaping this important discussion.
Who should attend?
- HR Professionals (ER, L&D, HRBPs, Managers and Directors)
- In-House Lawyers
- Line Managers / Directors
- Trade Union / Work Council Representatives
- Professional Body Representatives
- Commissioners of ‘neutral’ workplace or employment investigations and other processes ( e.g. reviews, independent investigations, Chairing appeals, etc.)
CPD - 3 hours
CEDR provides recognised CPD for a number of professional bodies (please ask if you wish to know if your profession is covered).
Free of charge for CEDR corporate members
£ 50.00 plus 20% UK VAT for non-CEDR members
£ 40.00 plus 20% UK VAT for Exchange participants
Thursday 11 May 2017. 8.30am -11.30am
London, venue TBC