CPR 2017 5th Business Dispute Management Congress - Brazil
Celebrating five years of initiatives in Brazil, the International Institute for Conflict Prevention and Resolution proudly invites the Brazilian and International Business and Legal Communities for
Business Dispute Management: Challenges and Opportunities in Times of Crisis
Universidade Positivo: May 19, 2017, 8:00 am to 7:00 pm
Praça Gen. Osório, 125 - Centro, CEP 80.020-010, Curitiba, Paraná, Brazil
Businesses have become global and so have their disputes and resolutions of those disputes. Faced with threats of conflict, the continued survival of such businesses calls for preventive techniques that can nip disputes in the bud. Such preventive techniques that originate in one jurisdiction can, and often do impact the world. Hence it is imperative to be aware of these trends. The importance of these issues is reflected in the United Nations Commission on International Trade Law (UNCITRAL), as well as new approaches adopted at national and institutional levels such as "Court Ordered Mediation in Practice - The Florida Model". Join CPR for the 2017 Fifth Brazil Congress in Curitiba, Brazil, as we examine these and other issues revolving around dispute resolution and join forces to find pathways forward into ways of Turning Conflict into Commerce.
Highlights of the Congress:
Topics will include:
- Turning Conflict into Commerce: How to Transform the Way Business Relationships are Managed
- In Times of Crisis: Managing the Settlement and Resolution of Mass Claims
- Development of a Framework for Expedited Enforcement of Conciliation/Mediation Settlement Agreements: The UNCITRAL Convention
- Court Ordered Mediation in Practice - One Year After the Introduction of the Brazil Mediation Law
- The Challenges of Managing Employment Disputes in Brazil - Are There Solutions?
To register please visit the CPR website