When mediation matters: Addressing discrimination, diversity and equality issues in the workplace
This half-day workshop will explore how mediation can be used as a tool to manage and resolve workplace and employment disputes involving allegations and complaints of discrimination.
Through a combination of expert panel discussion and demonstration of real case examples we will:
- Explore how mediation and effective conflict management can play a vital and transformative role in promoting a positive and proactive approach to managing equality, diversity and discrimination issues in organisations and in the workplace.
- Discuss the use of mediation and other existing non-litigious approaches to address discrimination complaints and
allegations and their benefits.
- Share examples and experiences of real cases highlighting challenges and successes, including:
- Addressing discrimination and equality issues in a team or within the organisation effectively.
- Mediation involving claimants and victims of discrimination, as well as organisations facing complex discrimination allegations and complaints.
- Assisting employees to welcome diversity and difference within teams and in their workplace.
- Training internal staff to improve the skills necessary to manage discrimination issues.
- Restoring workplace relationships following discrimination related conflicts.
- Cases where mediation has been a positive life changer.
We invite you to join us for this interactive session and contribute to shaping this important discussion.
This session will be led by an expert panel chaired by CEDR Director and Chambers Mediator, Fiona Colquhoun.
Who should attend?
• HR Professionals (ER, L&D, HRBPs, Managers and Directors)
• In-House Lawyers
• Line Managers / Directors
• Trade Union / Work Council Representatives
• Professional Body Representatives
• Commissioners of ‘neutral’ workplace or employment investigations and other processes (e.g. reviews, independent investigations, Chairing appeals, etc.)
CPD - 3 hours
CEDR provides recognised CPD for a number of professional bodies (please ask if you wish to know if your profession is covered).
£ 40.00 plus 20% UK VAT for CEDR members
£ 50.00 plus 20% UK VAT for non-CEDR members
Thursday 28 September 2017. Registration from 9am. Workshop 9.30am-12.30pm
Address: Simmons & Simmons, One Ropemaker Street, London, EC2Y 9SS