Workplace Mediation Conversion Course
Are you a mediator who wants to develop your confidence to resolve workplace conflict? Have you ever felt the complexity of workplace conflicts prevented you from offering your services in this sector?
As mediators, we often feel confined to our area of expertise: commercial, community, family, in-house, employment, etc.
The mediation skills we use are similar. The difference lies in the way we approach the mediation process.
CEDR believes that our society needs more skilled workplace mediators to bring their expertise to organisations and the conflict that inevitably arises in the workplace between individuals and within teams. We have designed a one-day certification to introduce you to the specificities of workplace mediation, and how you can manage the process in a constructive and confident manner.
Why develop workplace mediation skills?
Workplace conflict can ravage a well-established organisation, distracting and distressing otherwise strong and efficient employees and management teams. Using mediation to address these situations can have a huge impact not only to employee relations and wellbeing, but ultimately to an organisation's bottom line. Instead of skilled and valued employees leaving an organisation and possibly issuing Employment Tribunal claims against the organisation, conversations can take place in the safety of a mediation process to restore and maintain working relationships.
Being armed with the right approach to tackle these high-emotion and often multi-party cases can give mediators an edge and the right methodology to support organisations in their times of trouble.
If you would like to mediate in this field, and put your expertise to work in the service of employee and organisational well-being, this course is make for you.
What you will take away from this course
In this programme you will learn:
- About the different levels at which conflict can manifest in organisations and where workplace mediation fits
- The difference between workplace mediation and mediation in other sectors, particularly employment mediation
- Consolidate your understanding of the phases of mediation
- Consider the benefits of workplace mediation, the circumstances favouring its use and well as the issues suitable for workplace mediation
- Learn the steps in a typical workplace mediation process
- Using private and joint meetings to your advantage
- Mediating team and multi-party conflicts
- Marketing yourself as a workplace mediator
In this programme you will watch experienced mediators demonstrating the process and you will practice the process, receiving coaching as you do so. We have written to the CMC about the CPD and await confirmation.
The course will entitle you to:
- 8 hours CPD recognised by the Civil Mediation Council
- A Certificate of training issues by CEDR to add to your Mediator CV
Who should attend?
This course has been designed for accredited mediators practising in the fields of:
- Civil and commercial mediation
- Community mediation
- Family mediation
- Employment mediation
In order to attend this course, you must have been previously trained as a mediator, and have practised as one.
The CEDR Accreditation is not necessary to take part in this programme.
£ 525.00 plus 20% UK VAT (if based in the UK) for all participants
Thursday 2 May 2019.
Address: Central Bristol - TBC