Introductory Negotiation Skills
Although Negotiation Skills are critical for all business people, many people have had no formal negotiation training, instead relying on instinct and working out what they think are effective strategies.
This one day course will provide participants with a clear introduction to how to negotiate through concise information provision and the opportunity to practise in a simulated negotiation.
All of our courses are taught by experienced negotiation practicioners and feature an emphasis on practical skills.
Please note: our One day course is only available as an in-house purchase and is not available for individuals. Due to the time constraints, the course cannot cover as much material or provide as much practice as our longer courses. If you would like more focus, please consider our two, three or five day programmes.
On the one day course, the following content is provided:
- Negotiation Conflict Styles
- Identify and understand different styles of negotiating
- Framework for an effective negotiation
- Identify the negotiation phase model
- Establish preparation essentials
- Examine a negotiation planning instrument
- Analyse the important elements necessary for successful
- Effective communication skills within negotiation
- The essential components of how to use active listening
- Improve use of questions in negotiation
- Examine non-verbal communication essentials
- Creating and Claiming value in negotiation
- Identifying positions and interests in negotiation
- How to increase bargaining power and make effective offers
- A practical negotiation simulation with the opportunity for coaching
The course is suitable for all who have to negotiate within their work, whether conducting negotiations for products or services, representing clients, or even with day-to-day management. The one day course is often used for teams who are at a junior to mid-level of experience, as well as teams who are taking on new responsibilities in negotiating.
Participants come from all industries, and recently we have delivered courses to groups in law, business, banking, government and insurance.
CEDR's One Day Course is a perfect introduction to negotiation skills.
After participating in the course, delegates will have a clear framework for how to negotiate and know the key communication skills to allow them to negotiate more effectively immediately.
Participants of the course have a clear understanding of what an effective offer is and when to make an offer within a negotiation.
Participants also understand the types of people that they encounter across the negotiation table and the ways to interact with these people.
This course is bespoke to client requirements. For more information please contact CEDR Skills on:
+44 (0)20 7536 6000 firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information or to book a place, contact CEDR Skills on:
Tel: +44 (0)20 7536 6000