Managing Conflict and Difficult Conversations on the board
Disputes at board level are a particularly challenging issue for any organisation. Rogue board members and factions can disrupt time and effectiveness of the board whilst foisting their own agendas.
CEDR's specialist Managing Conflict and Difficult Conversations course designed with the International Finance Corporation enables board members to handle constructively interpersonal conflict and tensions within the board context.
The programme will empower participants to have difficult conversations and handle challenging behaviours of board members, senior management or representatives.
The course covers:
- Understanding the nature of board level conflicts
- A framework for having a challenging conversation with board members or senior leaders
- How to handle emotion, anger and interpersonal issues on the board
- Practical skills training to increase board members' communication and conflict analysis skills
- Coaching through a challenging practical board scenario of a board focussing on corporate governance issues
- The opportunity to have confidential coaching on your own board issue
You will be able to:
- Understand, recognise and address causes of tension in your Board
- Have better high level difficult conversations
- Attain skills to manage and work with high-level individuals
- Manage board conflict more effectively
- Have expert one-on-one confidential coaching.
This course is bespoke to client requirements. For more information please contact CEDR Skills on:
+44 (0)20 7536 6000 email@example.com
For more information or to book a place, contact CEDR Skills on:
Tel: +44 (0)20 7536 6000