Mediator Skills Training - UK & International
An intensive, well-co-ordinated course delivered by highly competent and knowledgeable faculty
Ministry of Justice
Excellent use of classroom and roleplay – challenging but worth every penny
Excellent, informative, and well considered course, very well taught
IH Counsel Barclays
CEDR Mediator skills training is a five-day programme covering skills needed to effectively mediate commercial disputes. The course includes assessment for CEDR Accreditation, internationally recognised as the standard of excellence in mediator qualification.
The programme is offered as an 'open course' throughout the year and on an 'in-company' basis. We have also developed a number of partnering models to work with like-minded organisations, to deliver the course in other jurisdictions. For further details on this, please click here.
Note, if the MST courses appear fully booked we can put you on a reserve list, just email email@example.com and a member of the team will assist you.
CEDR is registered with the Civil Mediation Council as a Commercial and Civil mediation provider and fulfils the Council's set standards of training, CPD, and administration and is endorsed by other respected bodies.
|Pre-course||Mediation Handbook and Simulator||Participants prepare by reviewing CEDR handbook and practice mediating using CEDR's unique online mediation simulator.|
|Day 1||Teaching & Practice day||Theory, process & key skills in the Opening Exploration phases. Sessions include phases of mediation, preparation, mediator opening, what and how to explore, active listening skills and managing emotions.|
|Day 2||Teaching & Practice day||Theory, process & key skills in the Bargaining and Concluding phases. Sessions include managing offers, negotiation skills, dealing with deadlock, reality testing and ethics.|
|Day 3||Coaching & Practice day||One case is mediated throughout the day in groups. Extensive coaching is given to each participant followed by private 1-2-1 feedback.|
|Day 4||1st Assessment day||Practical Assessment. Every participant mediates once. Cases focus on the earlier phases of mediation. 1-2-1 feedback continues.|
|Day 5||2nd Assessment day||Practical Assessment. Every participant mediates once. Three cases focus on the middle and later phases of mediation. 1-2-1 feedback continues.|
Who should attend?
- Those responsible for resolving disputes
- Managers and Executives in Commercial, Public and Voluntary Sectors
- Lawyers, accountants and professional advisers
- HR Managers, trainers, union representatives and policy advisors
- Complaints handlers and customer services representatives
- Healthcare and education professionals
- Service providers wanting to develop dispute resolution systems
Our training programme is highly interactive and practitioner-oriented, participants are asked to role play and to partake in a variety of exercises to ensure the most effective knowledge transfer. Accordingly, a good or better command of business English (a minimum of B2 as outlined by the Common European Framework of Reference for languages) is essential.
Please give the CEDR Training team a call on 020 7536 6000 to discuss further.
- Internationally recognised Accreditation - CEDR mediator accreditation is seen as the Gold Standard in the market - 7000 accredited mediators in 25 countries.
- Content reflects current practice: As CEDR mediators mediate some 700 cases per year, the organisation is uniquely placed to pick up key issues in mediation and translate that into the content of our training. This is augmented by the practical experience of our trainers, all of whom are practicing mediators.
- Experts in mediator training and adult learning: As the most experienced body of mediation trainers in the world, CEDR trainers are experts in adult learning, ensuring an interactive and engaging course throughout.
- Extensive coaching and feedback: Course evaluations over the last 20 years consistently rate the level of group coaching and one-to-one feedback given to participants as one of the most valuable aspects of our courses. This maximises opportunity for participants to develop their mediation skills.
- On-going support and Observations: As a part of the course, individuals who are accredited are invited to attend three 2-hour professional development seminars to learn advanced techniques in mediation in addition to being invited to join CEDR's Exchange Network and gain exposure to a real-life dispute access by observing mediation with one of CEDR's panel mediators.
£3410.00 plus applicable local taxes. (for CEDR members)