Private Client Mediation
A New Course for Private Client Advisers - Learn essential mediation skills with CEDR, 13-16th May 2019 at Cats Abbey
Are you thinking, “I am an experienced and trusted private client adviser – So - What can I do next to advance my competence and career? And, how can I acquire effective mediator skills including emotional intelligence helping manage my private clients’ relationships more effectively?”
The growth in the wealth created in the private client sector is estimated to exceed $139 trillion, since the millennium, seeing an unprecedented increase in advisers and professionals offering services to this lucrative market. And this revolution is changing the way private clients are engaging with their key advisers. Excellent provision of core services and capital management is a given. Now, Private clients are increasingly engaging new advisers who have the skills to help them resolve a broader range of relational issues and avoid or defuse active conflict situations involving high emotions to genuinely take on the role of trusted adviser.
Who will benefit most from this course?
• You are currently responsible for resolving disputes or managing tensions and drama for your clients
• You have accumulated hard-won experience as a private client and/or legal adviser
• You are passionate about helping people resolve their issues and conflicts in the wealth management arena
Your fear – the prospect of losing market share potential as a trusted wealth manager – unwittingly keeping all your much-needed mediation talent away from individuals and families in need of advice and who could easily benefit from your depth of experience.
Your Wish – to spend less time observing conflict from the outside, seeing your clients distracted and upset by the drama – And more time helping your clients by conducting successful mediations and consultancy.
Join us for The Private Client Mediation Programme at Cats Abbey, between Oxford and Cheltenham; This 3-day market-leading, experiential programme is tailored for the busy professional working in the private client sector. It will cover the 3 main areas of knowledge and competence you need if you want to become a full-service private client adviser;
1) Learn the core mediation skills – Remember – No effort - No outcome. We will show you where many private client advisers are missing key behavioural clues, and, list the strategies and tactics you have to grasp in order to succeed
2) Build your expanded service – Learn from the 2 mistakes most people make, accumulate success, and, grow your ‘fan base’ by acquiring the skills a private client mediator needs. Learning the structures and processes required to achieve successfully resolved disputes and, thus, happy clients
3) Demonstrate Dynamism – Make the choice to learn an essential competence and have the confidence to OWN pragmatic mediation skills and articulate your methods and style with persuasive energy and relevance, to become an even more visible and valuable private client adviser.
Your takeaways by the end of this 3-day programme - you will:
1) gain insight into one of the most effective and leveraged mediation processes used over 30 years in multiple sectors and in more than 40 countries
2) develop and practice issue/dispute resolution skills needed to mediate, manage conflicts and negotiate lasting resolution across the range of critical issues typically encountered in the private client sector
3) understand how to hold and steer difficult conversations
4) learn how to best address intergenerational conflict
5) explore strategies for successfully navigating through deep-felt family issues and managing them to peaceful, pragmatic and workable outcomes
6) exchange and share with fellow private client professionals
7) receive CEDR certification, on successful completion of the programme as a “Certified Private Client Mediator” (worth 2 days structured CPD).
This high-intensity course is not for everybody.
We want to speak to the people who will gain most from the programme so, please do NOT join if you
• Don’t want to leave your regular habits, communication style and comfort zone
• Have zero intention of investing in yourself in order to grow your mediation skills
• Have a closed mind when it comes to effective communication processes and the active reversal of client conflict. Or,
• Think that new private clients will flow in whatever you do and that no competition will ever represent a threat to your livelihood, so none of this is development and learning is necessary
Action – There are limited places on this programme to allow for coaching in small groups and the opportunity to discuss specific client issues. If you wish to expand your practice, and, are ready for the challenge. If you believe in yourself, and want to follow our proven programme, then there is only one place to be in May 2019 - Cats Abbey and on this course.
How to book – Register now to attend our Private Client Mediation Certification Programme. Please read the flyer for further instructions or email to firstname.lastname@example.orgCEDR: We were the original disruptors before disruptors had their name. We continue to honour that legacy, charting our own path as the modern face of mediation and conflict resolution. We inspire people to look differently at conflict, reframing it as an opportunity to achieve better outcomes and build a better society. We approach people as people and demonstrate this in everything we do