As one of the largest providers of mediation in the world, CEDR can provide businesses, public sector and their legal advisors with a truly bespoke service that meets their specific requirements using highly skilled mediators from the CEDR Mediator Panel and additional support and guidelines from our team of skilled case handlers.
- Our mediators are hand-picked to join the Panel from the 7000 professionals who have been accredited by CEDR in over 60 countries in the last 25 years
- They are continually monitored through a programme of client and peer review to ensure the highest levels of quality and client satisfaction are maintained
- Our mediators provide mediation globally, based from 20 countries
- They conduct mediations in a number of languages
Recommending suitable mediators
We can provide the parties with a short list of mediators from our panels based on the requirements of the parties which may include:
- Expertise in a particular field
- Mediator style
- Specific dates
- Professional background
- Geographical location
- Client budgets
We can also make appointments independently if both parties agree. In doing so, we take great care to ensure that the chosen mediator has the necessary ability and experience to provide the best possible service.
When making an independent appointment CEDR will:
- Take into account any requirements the parties have expressed
- Use an mediator specification if one is agreed by the parties
- Choose a mediator from a party approved shortlist if requested
- Ensure the appointed mediator's costs are appropriate to the dispute
- We will not appoint a mediator from a rota
Guidance and support
CEDR mediations are managed by a specialist team of advisors led by Director of Dispute Resolution Services - John Munton, who has over 25 years' experience of providing dispute resolution services to the legal profession and businesses around the world.
Our team will help the parties find the right mediator by using our in-depth knowledge of the skills and abilities of our Panellists and, once the mediator is selected, we will take care of all the necessary arrangements.
As part of the service we will:
- Provide all necessary documentation such as the mediation agreement
- Assist with the identification and booking of a suitable venue
- Provide guidance on likely costs and deal with all invoicing
- Seek client feedback on the mediators performance
- Provide unlimited advice and guidance throughout the process
Free contract clauses
Thousands of businesses and public sector organisations around the world incorporate CEDR Dispute Resolution Clauses into their contracts to ensure that, if disputes do arise, they can be resolved quickly and cheaply without the recourse to expensive and lengthy court action. When disputes are referred to CEDR under contract clauses we will work with the parties to assign the most appropriate CEDR mediator and provide support and guidance throughout the process.