Fixed Price Mediation Service
For UK only
What does it offer?
Fixed price mediation provides the services of a CEDR Panel Mediator for a fixed price that covers all pre-mediation preparation and mediation time on the day itself up to a maximum of 7 hours. CEDR will select the mediator on the parties' behalf or, for a small extra fee, a shortlist of mediators can be provided from which the parties can choose.
Who are the mediators?
CEDR Accredited mediators have been hand-picked to be on the CEDR Panel based on their performance and our clients' expertise requirements. Approximately 50% of the 150 mediators on the CEDR Panel accept appointments under this service.
Who chooses the mediator?
CEDR will select a suitably qualified mediator based on the parties' requirements or for a small administration fee we can provide a shortlist of three mediators for the parties to choose from.
The cost is calculated using the scale detailed below. Claim values are calculated by the quantum of the higher of the claim or the counterclaim.
|COST PER PARTY|
|CEDR selects and appoints the mediator||£500||£1000||£1250|
|The parties chose an eligible mediator||£500||£1000||£1250|
|The parties chose the mediator from a shortlist||£600||£1100||£1350|
|*Extra hourly charge applicable after 7 hours of mediation time only||£100||£120||£140|
What is covered under the fee?
- All reasonable preparation and up to 7 hours mediation time.
- Full administrative support provided by CEDR.
- Mediators' travel expenses to attend a venue within 90 minutes travel of their home.
What's not covered?
- Costs of a venue (minimum of three rooms is strongly recommended). We can assist you with finding a suitable venue if required.
- Refreshments and other disbursements.
- Mediators' travel expenses to attend a venue more than 90 minutes travel away from their home.
- Mediator time in excess of 7 hours on the day of the mediation. Mediators tend to arrive to prepare and set up the mediation no less than 30 minutes before the mediation begins.
- Excessive preparation time, generally more than 2 hours per party. If the parties require the mediator to consider voluminous material or engage in substantial pre-mediation contact, CEDR will contact the parties and seek to agree a fair top-up fee in these circumstances. If the parties decline to agree a fee the mediator may decide to decline the appointment.
How long does it take to arrange the mediation?
CEDR can arrange the mediation within 48 hours, or less if pending court action requires it, but we recommend parties give themselves at least a week's notice in which to prepare.
- Disputes between more than two parties.
- Claims related to employment disputes, clinical negligence or personal injury.
- Disputes with either a claim or counterclaim in excess of £250,000.
- Disputes outside the jurisdiction of the Courts of England & Wales, Northern Ireland or Scotland.
For all of these dispute types we will offer a bespoke service. Please contact the CEDR office for details.
"We contacted CEDR at very short notice and everything was set up within a week"
"Very pleased with the quick turnaround of the matter by CEDR"
"Service was very good, very efficient and very professional"
"An extremely cost effective way of resolving disputes"
"The quality of CEDR's service was excellent"
Before an application to use Fixed Price Mediation:
- Both parties should complete the provided application form and mediation agreement.
- Submit full payment of the fee, using reference "Fixed Fee", by BACS or by cheque payable to 'CEDR Services Ltd'.
- All Supporting documentation you wish the mediator to review*.
*A guide to the type and amount of documentation can be found in the mediation advice section on the CEDR website.