Andrew Manning Cox
To contact or appoint Andrew Manning Cox, call CEDR on +44 (0)207 536 6060 or email email@example.com
(Non-Neutral work in italics)
- Over 20 years of claims experience acting for airlines, manufacturers and suppliers.
- Intimate knowledge of airline and airport business models.
- Many international arbitrations.
Banking and Finance: £24m claim for conversion and conspiracy.
- Dispute between a Housing Association and a Council in connection with the proper interpretation of provisions of a Stock Transfer Agreement in relation to works required to transferred housing stock.
- Breach of fiduciary duty claim in excess of £150 million.
- Railway litigation involving operators, manufacturers, component manufacturers and suppliers in relation to multi million pound claims for project delay and loss of profit.
- A claim of £600,000 in respect of a lost development opportunity.
- Claims for £350,000 arising out of paint spillage damage to new cars.
- A £100m Directors and Officers insurance claim arising from alleged misrepresentation and breach of warranty.
- Advising the world's leading social media marketing platform on its US$689 million acquisition by an enterprise cloud computing company.
- Confidential information and confidentiality rings; procurement.
- Warranty claims and indemnity claims following M&A transactions.
Construction & Engineering
As the former head of Wragge & Co’s construction and engineering team Andrew is a highly respected construction law specialist . He advised clients on projects using all the recognized stand form contracts on a daily basis but particularly the JCT forms. Andrew acted for contractors, sub- contractors, members of the professional team, and a wide variety of employers.
- Claim by subcontractor against main contractor regarding air conditioning work, and counterclaim.
- A number of mediations related to building projects under the JCT standard form of contract.
- Multi-party cross-jurisdiction dispute in relation to extension of time claims for commercial premises in Scandinavia.
- A multi day multi party mediation in Moscow related to a major construction project involving Russian and Asian parties (US$25m).
- Six month construction arbitration action on behalf of a Local Authority.
- Acting for an American/French cladding contractor in the High Court on a claim for breach European competition law in relation to the award of the contact for Portcullis House.
- The parties are involved in Part 20 proceedings in relation to the design and construction of a new build hotel, the Part 20 Claimant being the contractor, which is itself the subject of a claim by the hotel owner, and the Part 20 Defendant being the consulting engineer which designed works in the basement of the hotel.
Employment & Workplace
With substantial experience as the head of Wragge & Co’s employment team Andrew has worked on a large number of claims in this area including.
- A very sensitive employment dispute (at a pre-employment tribunal stage) between senior managers where the complex issues resolved after a day’s mediation, leading to withdrawal of a complaint and an agreed method of working together for the future.
- Sensitive discrimination claims.
- Claims for breaches of restrictive covenants and duties of confidence.
- A claim by Merlin against Cooper arising out of an alleged of a goodwill agreement and a contract of employment when Cooper left Merlin to set up on his own as a financial advisor and allegedly took clients with him.
ICT - Information, Communication & Technology
- A significant number of telecoms litigation and arbitration cases.
- Highly technical claims arising out of the provision of mobile telephony services.
Partnership & Shareholder
- Substantial multi party unfair prejudice petition and cross petition in relation to a highly valuable land development company.
- Unfair prejudice petition following a company sale and allegations of misrepresentation.
- Claims against accountants, lawyers, architects and quantity surveyors.
- £30m claim for fraudulent misrepresentation related to a property transaction.
- Claims for breach of the Public Contracts regulations 2006 (as amended).
Sale of Goods & Services
Andrew has a substantial level of experience in disputes arising out of the Sale of Goods and Services Act both as a mediator and litigator.
- Claim for £280,000 under a business sale agreement with a defence alleging the claim was time barred.
- A £1m dispute in relation to the quality of goods supplied.
- Acting for customers and suppliers in relation to engineered components failure.
- Substantial experience of mediation in the automotive and railway industries.
- Claim for recall costs in the automotive sector.
- Domestic and international arbitrations for customers, manufacturers and component suppliers; Defence sector.
- Acting in highly sensitive procurement disputes.
- Claim for breach of warranty, breach of contract and misrepresentation with a value in excess of £20 million.
- Warranty claims against a company vendor of a private limited company with a plc guarantor.
- Warranty claims arising from the sale/purchase of companies with allegations of conflict of interest.
Updated: June 2018