To contact or appoint Anthony Blasdale, call CEDR on +44 (0)207 536 6060 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
(Non-Neutral work in italics)
- Defective printing machinery claim for £750,000 being the balance of money outstanding retained by industrial printers on the grounds that equipment did not perform to specification.
Construction & Engineering
- Claim by a house buyer against the developer and builders relating to outstanding defects and plot dimensions.
- Claim by 5 individuals (supported by their Trade Union) against their employer in respect of injuries sustained during the course of their employment.
- Claims related to injuries suffered by a fireman.
- A claim by the owner of a historic and listed building against an architect and structural engineer related modernisation and improvement works which lead to the property being in danger of collapse due to defective structural calculations. Extensive additional work had to be undertaken resulting in delay and cost.
- Claim against a firm of structural engineers arising out of reconstruction of retail premises in Wimbledon. Claim in excess of £2m.
- Claims against a large firm of Solicitors arising out of a defective notice to Quit which caused substantial losses because of a delay in obtaining vacant possession.
- Conditionality, extensions of time, oversailing rights, overage agreements, rights to light, planning agreements, collateral warranties, rights of way, ransom strips, defective works, cost overruns, contaminated land.
- Development agreement and overage claim between parties with differing interpretations of the contract leading to disputes over valuation calculations and amount payable.
- Breach of covenant claim over alleged breaches relating to both the use and location of a newly-constructed building. Disagreement over basis of the calculation 0f any compensation (Stokes v Cambridge et al) and what arrangements could be put in place to protect the future development of retained land.
- Dispute between adjoining commercial land owners concerning an extension of time under a development agreement permitting over-sailing and other rights to developer and warranties and guarantees to adjoining owner multi £M construction project.
- For acquisition, disposal, lettings, development appraisals, rent reviews and lease renewals, dilapidations (s18).
- Landlord & Tenant
- Agreements to lease and leases.
- Dilapidations and repairing covenants generally.
- Rent reviews and lease renewals.
- Service charge disputes and general property management issues.
- Dilapidations Claim where the issues in dispute included a missing Schedule of Condition, disagreements as to the extent of repair required and a failure to agree the section 18 Valuations and Cost Cap.
- Service charge dispute by the owners of a city centre office block against their tenants in respect of service charge payments withheld. Issues in dispute included interpretation of repairing covenants, distinction between repairs and improvements and apportionment as between tenants.
- Rights of way, easements, party wall issues, inheritance, lease/licence, boundary disputes.
- Involved in negotiations with major international tenant regarding re-structuring lease and £2.5m dilapidations claim.
- Successfully negotiated for landlord the restructuring of a number of inter-related property interests to allow a well-known tenant to alter and improve buildings, resulting in increased rental and capital value.
Trusts, Wills & Probate
- Administration of Estate – a dispute amongst the Trustees and Beneficiaries regarding the sale of development land, following the death of 2 family members.
- Trusts established for benefit of settlor’s children. Consideration of possible malpractice by trustee. Appointment of an additional trustee.
Updated: August 2018