To contact or appoint Baria Ahmed, call CEDR on +44 (0)207 536 6060 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Banking & Finance
- Commercial debt dispute regarding a financing agreement between private businessman and high street bank, involving distinct insolvency issues.
- Corporate Finance dispute relating to outstanding PLUS (formerly OFEX) advisory fees.
- Contractual dispute about the purchase and refurbishment of a helicopter.
- Complex Trademark infringement/passing off dispute.
- Complex contractual dispute regarding the provision of grounds maintenance services to a large supermarket for stores across the UK.
Construction & Engineering
- Engineering dispute relating to factory plant and machinery, and involving multinational pharmaceuticals giant. Claim for alleged loss and expected profits.
- Multiple construction claims by homeowners for alleged negligence and breach of contract by builders, with counterclaims for unpaid invoices.
- Claim for overpayment and alleged defective work following termination of a residential buildings contract. Counter claim for underpayment.
Employment & Workplace
- Various employment and workplace related disputes with issues such as alleged discrimination, unfair dismissal and team conflict.
- Complex dispute regarding commission payments in pressurised financial institution.
- Alleged racial and sexual orientation discrimination claim against housing association.
- Alleged sexual orientation discrimination within large international legal practice.
- Dispute involving a food franchise where the case revolved around breach of contract for widening the business without approval.
- Dispute in the retail sector concerning the end of a franchise agreement and return of goods.
- Dispute relating to services provided by national telecoms company to commercial client. Issues included allegations of fraud and loss of chance.
- Dispute regarding installation of audio and visual equipment in large public sector institution.
- Dispute relating to the recovery of stolen paintings valued over £2million - issues included alleged entrapment, fraud and proceeds of crime.
- Insurance dispute relating to a policy underwriting commercial property business.
- Alleged negligence dispute between large retail chain client and insurance broker regarding extent and nature of cover.
Partnership & Shareholder
- Dispute between two shareholders about the manner and value of the sale of business property after liquidation, leading to extreme deterioration of their relationship and excessive legal costs.
- Dispute relating to the dissolution of a business and the contributions to outstanding debts.
- Contractual dispute between medical services and reporting agency and a firm of Personal Injury solicitors, arising out of the dissolution of The Accident Group
- Claim on behalf of estate of the majority Director/Shareholder.
- Claim relating to unpaid invoices, with questions whether the contracting party was a partnership or a limited company (which had since ceased trading).
- Joint venture claim for profits on commercial property development project.
- Sale and purchase of a vineyard in Tuscany – dispute over value of stock and terms of agreement governed by Italian Law.
- Claim by commercial landlord for payment of rent and service charges pursuant to a lease.
- Claim by Local Authority as landlord for alleged use of commercial premises in a manner inconsistent with the contract.
Sale of Goods & Services
- Complicated shipping dispute involving elements of insolvency. Issues included ownership of goods, rights to exercise lien and payment of unpaid invoices.
- Unpaid invoices claim relating to supply of beauty products for distribution in the UK.
Updated: August 2017