To contact or appoint Carolyn Graham, call CEDR on +44 (0)207 536 6060 or email email@example.com
Other Dispute Resolution Experience
Neutral Chairing & Facilitation
Carolyn an experienced neutral chair and facilitator who helps devise and run effective meetings. Her experience extends from small group meetings lasting a few hours to substantial sessions conducted over several days. She helps organisations clarify objectives, identify priorities and keep focussed on delivering effective outcomes. Carolyn brings strong people and process management skills, a mediator's impartiality and analytical clarity to any situation, making communication and ultimately decision making easier.
Experienced at handling complex group dynamics, Carolyn is highly skilled in facilitating meetings where feelings are running high and where strong differences in opinion need to be surfaced, safely, in order that discussions can move forward constructively and consensus achieved.
- Independent Chair of Board AGMs and Board Away Days for wide variety private, public and charitable sector organisations.
- Chair of AGM with 70 Shareholders of Estates Management Company where decision needed to be made regarding scheduling and funding of large scale refurbishment programme.
- Chair of extraordinary general meeting of board members of creative industries organisation where relationships between individual directors and between directors/CEO/Chair had broken down to decide future of board memberships and future direction of company.
- Chair of annual board away day for Poole Arts Centre.
- Chair of series of meetings between 12 elected representatives of a wider trade organisation to help them prepare for collective union negotiations .
- Chair of departmental meeting within non-public departmental body to discuss how to improve working practises and departmental/organisational efficiency.
- Chair of round table meeting between several officers of Hackney council, two officers from the local police force and a local resident wishing to discuss an alleged mishandling of her complaint to the Council’s complaints procedure.
Organisational Away Days
- Co-Facilitator of ‘think tank’ away day for global renewable energy NGO to identify future strategic priorities.
- Facilitator of Away Day for Communications Cluster of International Charity designed to deliver team engagement in organisational strategic plan and communications strategy.
- Facilitator of Away Day organised by publishing arm of trade association to engage members in identifying industry requirements for future publications.
Throughout her time at the Southbank Centre, Carolyn was involved in ongoing union discussions (at both local and regional level) and was part of the 4 person management team that, during a 5 day residential negotiation at Ashridge, agreed with the unions the redundancy programme and renegotiated terms and conditions for all staff consequent upon the RFH closure for redevelopment in 2006.
Since then Carolyn has trained numerous union staff in workplace mediation skills, has designed and delivered two day mediation skills training courses for the union representatives of a national membership organization (healthcare) and has conducted both commercial and workplace mediations where union members have been present.
She also facilitates union/management negotiations – most recently between union representatives (Unite) and management of large scale manufacturing company following months of turbulence and strike action.
As well as her mediation and neutral/facilitation work, Carolyn delivers a wide range of in-house and open access training, seminar and workshop activities in mediation, dispute resolution and conflict management. A passionate advocate for the greater use of mediation skills within the workplace, she is a regular speaker on the benefits of mediating conflict and is increasingly being invited to create bespoke mediation skills training programmes for specific sectors and professions.
Organisations worked with include:
Amnesty International; Arts Council England; At Work Partnership; British Transport Police; CAFOD (Catholic Agency for Overseas Development); Cambridge University; Camden Council; Central & North West London NHS Foundation Trust; Channel 4; Chelsea & Westminster NHS Trust; Comet; DCMS; Department for Work and Pensions; Dudley Group of Hospitals; English National Opera; Hammersmith NHS Trust; Independent Police Complaints Commission; Independent Theatre Council; Kingston University; Lloyds Banking Group; M.S. Society; Northumbria Healthcare NHS Trust; Office for National Statistics; Oxford Brookes University; Poole Arts Centre; Rank Gaming Group; Really Useful Group; Refugee Action; Royal Free Hospital; Society of London Theatres; Society of Medicine; Southbank Centre; Standard Life Investment; Theatrical Management Association; University of Wales Institute, Cardiff.
Skills and Interests
Carolyn has a working knowledge of French (‘A’ level and London Chamber of Commerce & Industry ‘Intermediate’ level). She is a CIPD qualified facilitator and is CMI trained in designing and delivering training.
Out of work interests include Arsenal, singing in the choir Eclectic Voices, food and drink and collecting jewellery.
Updated: March 2018