To contact or appoint Christopher Ennis, call CEDR on +44 (0)207 536 6060 or email email@example.com
Chris is known for his calm demeanour and commercial approach to resolving disputes using a mix of facilitative and evaluative techniques. His detailed background knowledge and experience of the manner in which more formal dispute resolution unfolds enables him to understand and successfully deploy factors arising from complex procedural issues that can be of significant influence in the outcome of negotiations.
Chris believes that achieving closure through mediation is best achieved by recognising the parties needs in early discussions, often before the mediation day itself, whilst recognising that those needs can change considerably during the course of the process.
- “It looked like everyone could end up walking out with no resolution but Chris got stuck in and made it happen.”
- “He had a very practical approach and took on board the undercurrent of feelings which ran between the parties”.
- “We both appreciated your advice at appropriate moments and we have no doubt that you did great things in the other room.”
- “He conducted the mediation in the appropriate way. He was clear, calm and most importantly he gave our client confidence.”
- “The client asked me to pass on his thanks generally and in particular for keeping the show on the road to a conclusion.”
- “….very astute and obviously understood the issues very well. He probably pushed the parties along further than would have happened in court.”
- “We both appreciated your diplomacy and good humour.”
- “…..a pleasant manner which is always very helpful for people in this situation.”
- “….very impressive in the face of quite staunch positions.”
- “He persevered and managed to pull the parties back.”
- “.. skilfully removing feelings of animosity so that a “Deal could be done”.”
- “Chris was very good on the commercial side of things as he knew the industry very well.”
- “….the mediator was excellent he was very good and added a lot to the process rather than just carrying messages backwards and forwards.”
- “Put the clients at their ease, especially when the other side were spending long periods considering offers put forward.” “…insistent, practical and down-to-earth…”
- “…transformative and the right balance between facilitative and evaluative.”
- “He was very patient and steady-handed.” “…calm but focused…” “…pro-active…”
Updated: March 2016