To contact or appoint Danny McFadden, call CEDR on +44 (0)207 536 6060 or email email@example.com
Banking & Finance: Dispute involving the acquisition of financial services businesses and franchises. Alleged breach of terms in the contract of sale
- Dispute involving Australian and Taiwanese joint venture partners ( in Mainland China)
- Contractual dispute about the provision of services for a major entertainment event
- Major international Beauty Product Company claimed breaches of a franchise agreement and alleged sale of some products not within the scope of the franchise agreement
- Contractual dispute involving the interpretation of a Clause in a Business Transfer Agreement
- Claim under the Sale of Goods Act. The claimant alleged misrepresentation and fraud in the sale of electronic goods
- Dispute involving non delivery of steel to Asian steelmaker
- International sale of goods dispute involving issues and claim of ‘force majeure’
- Chinese party claim for breach of sale of goods contract with European trader
- US company claim for compensation for delay in delivery of goods from Philippines
- European company claim and counterclaims involving sale of goods to China based entity
- Dispute involving claim for damages for late delivery and damage to electronic goods delivered to European company from China
Construction & Engineering
- Claims against a firm of Architects who were alleged to have provided unsatisfactory plans to the owner of a listed property resulting in a wall collapsing which caused damage to the client’s property
- Quantity Surveyor sued client for non-payment for services rendered. Client counter claimed said work did not satisfy local authorities and therefore not of a standard to be expected of a reasonably competent Surveyor.
Employment & Workplace
- Complex employment dispute in an International Organisation legal actions taking place in multiple jurisdictions. High profile case involving issues of reputation and publicity.
- Alleged racial discrimination in the workplace and claimant being bypassed for promotion. Highly emotive parties requiring appropriate people skills.
- Claim for reinstatement to position and remuneration level due to breach of natural justice.
- Employment claim for unfair dismissal and allegations of inappropriate conduct involving a legal firm.
- Case involved long serving employee who had been denied the correct civil service grading for her experience and actual job responsibility. Claim involved compensation and upgrading of employment status.
- Dispute over distribution of USA assets of Asian family company/conglomerate and apportionment of shares to the children of the owner of the company.
- Claim by Elder brother wishing to break up trust created in the Channel Islands and distribute the capital to the beneficiaries.
- Upon death of wealthy Asian owner of business, dispute involving claims and counterclaims for monies and property held in trust by partners and family members.
- Action in Hong Kong court to overturn decision of Trustee in distribution/breakup of assets of Singapore Chinese family firm.
- Daughter of founder Hong Kong business conglomerate filed a wind-up petition in Hong Kong unless her siblings buy out her share in the family business. Also action to remove XX as a beneficiary of the family trusts.
- Claim brought by Taiwanese family firm against US banking entity.
- Multiple claims by Tenants of house in a dispute over use of communal facilities and behaviour issues with children
- Very complex and bitter dispute between neighbours in adjoining properties. Involved allegations of racism, bullying and threatening behaviour.
Partnership/Shareholder: Mediation in New York USA involving claims and counter claims in respect to the ownership of shares in an educational institution
- Claim of professional negligence against a Singapore based firm of accountants and financial advisers, mediation held in Hong Kong.
- Alleged professional negligence by financial adviser. Clients alleged that their financial adviser was negligent in recommending they enter into Individual Voluntary Arrangements (IVAs)
- Professional negligence Hong Kong financial adviser company and high wealth Hong Kong client
- Clients claim for professional negligence against Hong Kong law firm with regard to alleged discrepancies in the trust account
- Claim against bank financial advisers for advice rendered Asian parties.
- Multiple parties (36 owners of freehold property) represented at mediation by 13 parties. Argument as to the actual boundary of the alley at the rear of the relevant properties
- Dispute about the ownership of a property held in a charitable trust involving members of an ethic community in London
- Claim by commercial landlord for payment of rent and service charges pursuant to a lease agreement
Trusts, Wills & Probate: Health Care Trust matter involving dispute between the Trust and a local authority.
During the last 7 years Danny has, acting as Project Manager, developed programmes and delivered courses/workshops in mediation in Azerbaijan, Cameroon, China, Hong Kong, Kazakhstan, Taiwan and Guyana to lawyers, judges and other professionals. This work included working with local partners to analyse the local legal environment and promote mediation to Government Ministers, the Judiciary and local law societies.
A Lead Trainer with CEDR Danny has trained lawyers, judges and professionals in many countries including India, China, Hong Kong, Pakistan, Ireland, UK and Sweden. This training includes Mediator Accreditation Training, Advocacy Training for Lawyers, Negotiation and Conflict Management Training for large corporations. In 2010 and 2012 acted as Judge and Mediator at the ICC International Mediation Contest in Paris.
- Senior Mediator United Nations Mediation Division New York
- Regional Mediator South East Asia World Bank
- Mediator with CEDR Solve London
- HKIAC Accredited Mediator
- Mediator CCPIT Mediation Centre Beijing China
- Mediator Beijing Arbitration Commission China
- Mediation Panel of ADR Chambers International
- Arbitrator and Expert Adjudicator CEDR London
- Mediator International Mediation Institute, The Hague, The Netherlands
Updated: September 2017