To contact or appoint Deborah David, call CEDR on +44 (0)207 536 6060 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
(Non-Neutral work in italics)
Deborah has handled numerous aviation-related cases involving both general and commercial aviation and both fixed-wing and rotor aircraft. The cases cover a broad spectrum of issues including design and manufacturing defects, pilot error, air-traffic control error, maintenance defects and errors, and mass disasters. She has both written and lectured on aviation-related matters.
- Breach of contract claim that aircraft did not conform to promised specifications and performance parameters.
- Disagreement between a Japanese electronics manufacturer and a European airline regarding interpretation of agreements for the purchase, sale and return of consumer electronics.
- Matters involving claims of pilot error including controlled flight into terrain (CFIT), flight into adverse weather conditions, unsafe landing and take-off at high-density altitude airports, and operating an aircraft beyond its capability.
- Flight into wake turbulence causing injury to passengers and crew of commercial airline.
- Defective and inadequate maintenance, including alleged failure to monitor and replace life-limited parts in rotor aircraft.
- Claims of defects and inaccuracies in manufacturers’ maintenance and repair manuals.
- Mass Disaster cases including KAL crash in Guam and Egypt Air crash off Massachusetts coast.
- Product defects in general aviation aircraft, including allegations that design led to uncontrollable oscillation of surfaces (flutter); alleged defects in design of tail assembly and engine failures.
- In-flight injury claims.
- Liability of fixed-base operators.
- Claims against airline carriers, aircraft and engine manufacturers, and the United States.
- Lawsuits governed by the Warsaw Convention, the Death on the High Seas Act, and the Federal Tort Claims Act.
- Hull-loss claims.
- Meteorological conditions affecting flight and performance of aircraft.
Banking & Finance: Dispute between a Dutch bank and a Scottish bank arising out of a series of loans made in the United States.
- Dispute regarding claimant's quantum of damages in a clinical negligence matter.
- Claim against high street opticians for failure to diagnose glaucoma.
- Group litigation claim involving the handling of autopsies.
- Claim that negligently performed cosmetic surgery resulted in permanent disfigurement.
- Multiple cases involving a surgeon who performed stomach stapling procedures for treatment of obesity resulting in severe injuries and death.
- Numerous cases involving allegations that physicians and/or hospital staff negligently failed to diagnose cancer.
- Acting as arbitrator in a number of medical negligence and general negligence cases.
- Dispute regarding claimant's quantum of damages and value of post death dependency claim in a clinical negligence matter.
- Breach of contract claim between dealership and overseas automobile manufacturer involving obligations under Dealer Agreement.
- Breach of contract for delivery of timber by Dutch based-company to a UK decking company.
Construction & Engineering
- Claim that contractor negligently performed contracted work.
- Claim that large residential complex was negligently designed and constructed.
Employment & Workplace
- Discrimination and wrongful termination claim by Muslim employee of a large UK corporation.
- Internal employee/management dispute intervention involving branch manager of a major UK bank.
- Internal employee/management dispute intervention at grievance stage involving international accounting firm.
- Breach of contract claim by physician employee of the NHS.
- Claims by ex-pat UK employees of a large international corporation that the company breached pension plan and retirement agreements.
- Injury and stress claim by employee of a large UK corporation.
- Wrongful termination and discrimination claims brought by black employee of a UK charity.
- Claim for harassment and racial discrimination by civilian employee of police constabulary.
- Proceedings for wrongful termination by UK-based CEO of a subsidiary of a French-based entity.
- Suit by nurses for sexual harassment and discrimination by a staff doctor.
- Sexual harassment and discrimination proceedings brought by female secretary of a Japanese bank against bank and its foreign-national officer.
- Complaint for racial discrimination by long-term employee of a large corporation.
- Negotiation of separation agreement between an executive-level employee and a major entertainment company involving a long-term contract and valuation of stock option and retirement plans.
ICT – Information, Communications & Technology
- Breach of contract for provision of IT services to a UK water company.
- Claim that software provider negligently recommended and secured the services of a project integrator whose services rendered the project a failure.
- Three way dispute between an electronic component distribution company, a hardware/software supplier and an international finance company regarding an agreement for the sale, purchase, installation and financing of an IT system, including integrated hardware and software.
- Claim that an insurance broking company negligently provided services and advice regarding group healthcare scheme.
- Indemnity and coverage dispute between insurers arising out of accident during a British motor speedway event.
- Insurance coverage claim involving large interruption of business losses.
NHS & Healthcare
- Several mediations concerning the development of drugs and medical devices.
- Represented and provided regulatory advice to a company involved in clinical trials.
- Several cases involving drug and device testing issues, some of which were part of clinical trials.
- Case against hospital arising from allegedly negligent treatment provided to Claimant's husband that resulted in his death.
- Injury claim by a patient receiving psychotherapy from an NHS therapist who pursued an improper personal relationship with the patient.
- Claim against hospital and physicians arising out of negligently performed knee arthroscopy resulting in severe brain damage.
- Claim for alleged negligent obstetrical care resulting in birth injuries and cerebral palsy.
Partnership & Shareholder
- Solicitors’ partnership break-up and valuation.
- Break-up of a media/entertainment partnership.
- Personal injury/product claim by British citizen for catastrophic injuries incurred in a roll-over of an all-terrain vehicle designed and manufactured by a corporation in the US.
- Matter mediated in Hong Kong involving claim of serious brain injury sustained during a golf game in the Far East.
- Group litigation claim against a European holiday resort alleging that unsanitary conditions resulted in guest illnesses.
- Auto versus pedestrian resulting in serious orthopaedic and brain injuries. Case complicated by insurance coverage issues.
- Multiple separate cases against the supplier of beryllium, a metal used in classified military applications. Use of the beryllium allegedly causes lung injury.
- Roughly 50 coordinated Ford/Firestone rollover cases.
- Numerous cases involving automobile accidents as Mediator or Client Representative.
- Numerous slip and fall accidents as Mediator or Client Representative.
- Case involving an eye injury caused by a champagne cork.
- Claim that security guard negligently attacked customer resulting in severe injuries.
- Claim that security guards negligently restrained and detained two movie patrons.
- Numerous cases claiming that blood derived product caused HIV sero-conversion, AIDS and/or hepatitis.
- Claim that CO2 laser used during surgery mal-functioned causing brain damage.
- Numerous cases involving injuries allegedly related to the use of intrauterine contraceptive devices.
- Commercial landlord/tenant dispute.
- Boundary dispute involving residential property.
- Claim that estate agent improperly and negligently let and managed property.
- Proceedings by builder for breach of contract to extend and enlarge residential dwelling.
- Claim that condition of real property was fraudulently misrepresented during sale.
Updated: April 2017