To contact or appoint Deborah David, call CEDR on +44 (0)207 536 6060 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
While practising law, Deborah served as President of the Los Angeles Trial Lawyers Association and on the boards of the California Trial Lawyers Association and the Association of Business Trial Lawyers. In Century City, where she maintained her offices, she was honoured as Trial Lawyer of the Year. She is a member of the prestigious, invitation-only American Board of Trial Advocates.
- London-based mediator, 2002-present.
- Member of CEDR Faculty, teaching mediation skills in the UK, Europe, Asia, the Middle East and Africa, 2004-present.
- Joint managing and founding partner, law firm of Lebovits & David, Los Angeles, California, 1983-2000.
- Associate attorney and partner, law firm of Bronson, Bronson & McKinnon, San Francisco and Los Angeles, California, 1975-1983.
- Admitted to the State Bar of California and various United States Federal Courts.
- Achieved multi-million dollar verdicts and settlements in professional liability, aviation, copyright infringement, personal injury and products liability cases.
- Represented corporations in a wide variety of lawsuits including banking, securities, anti-trust, personal injury, products liability, and drug products cases; defended professional negligence cases.
- Experienced in insurance matters and employment cases.
- Moved to London in July, 2002.
Membership in Professional Organisations
- Member, Committee on Alternative Dispute Resolution, State Bar of California, 2002
- Executive Committee, American Board of Trial Advocates, 1999, 2000, and 2002
- Board of Governors, Association of Business Trial Lawyers, 1996-2000
- Board of Governors, Consumer Attorneys Association of California, 1992-2001
- President, Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles (formerly the Los Angeles Trial Lawyers Association), 1997
- Juris Doctor, University of California at Los Angeles School of Law, 1975
- B.A., Scripps College, Claremont, California, 1972
- University of Paris, L’Institut d’Etudes Politiques, Paris, France, 1970-1971
- Author of several articles on mediation
- Lecturer on alternative dispute resolution in accredited continuing legal education programs
Updated: April 2017