To contact or appoint Dorcas Crawford, call CEDR on +44 (0)207 536 6060 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Dorcas believes that contact with the parties prior to the mediation is a vital part of the process and she likes to talk to each party before the mediation takes place to develop a rapport and ensure all concerned understand what is going on. She finds that this works well to enable the parties to ‘hit the ground running’ on the day of the mediation.
During the mediation itself Dorcas adopts an open and relaxed manner but will also be firm and direct when the situation requires it and she will ensure the parties are guided away from wasting valuable time.
- “Her efforts to achieve a resolution were quite heroic. She saw possibilities where we only saw hopelessness.”
- “Great energy and personal warmth.”
- “A lively, energetic and engaging style helped motivate parties throughout.”
- “…sensitive to parties, their needs and position."
- “Ms Crawford was well organised and reassuring to those unfamiliar with the situation.”
- “I was particularly struck by her continual and beneficial eye contact with the Client. The Client felt confident in the good faith of the mediator throughout.”
- “The thorny issues were discussed by the mediator in terms which encouraged agreement and in a positive and purposeful way.”
- “The mediator's patience and persistence were considerable but most of all the spirit of the mediator led to an environment where agreement was not just possible but desirable for the parties.”
- “Dorcas is a natural mediator, very at ease with people and at making people feel they can trust her. I was very impressed with her during the pre-meetings, in the way she grasped the technicalities and the details of the HMRC case, and during the mediation day itself. One of the HMRC team was extremely cynical about mediation yet was a convert at the end of the day.”
Updated: March 2016