To contact or appoint Duncan Campbell, call CEDR on +44 (0)207 536 6060 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
(Non-neutral work in italics)
Banking & Finance
- Disputed claim by a liquidator for the recovery of funds allegedly transferred as pension contributions.
- Settlement of dispute between two European companies and a Member State arising out of EU pre-accession funding for a financial system and restoration of on-going business.
- Mediating high-value dispute arising from interruption of a clearing bank’s payment system.
- Resolution of claims following failed installation of back-office system for wealth manager.
- Settling revised licence terms for database software for a financial services company.
- Chairing hearings of issues under the Pensions Act as a Former Board Member of the Occupational Pensions Regulatory Authority and a Member of the Determinations Panel of the Pensions Regulator.
- Independent chair of the Lending Standards Board Adjudications Committee.
“In terms of relationship preservation this was extremely successful.” - Client Feedback
- Settlement of litigation involving claims for breaches of fiduciary duty and employment contracts and the return of secret profits.
- Unfair competition disputes.
Construction & Engineering
- Resolution of claims from machine failure in the process industry.
- Settlement of a multi-party dispute over the introduction of ID cards in the construction industry.
- Claims arising from the theft of construction equipment.
- Settlement of claims following failed installation of robotic welding system.
Employment & Workplace
- Dispute over contract termination following alleged lack of control of stock in village Post Office.
- Employment Tribunal litigation and settlement of executive employment cases.
- Resolution of an alleged harassment case brought against a senior manager in a large UK company by a female employee.
Energy & Natural Resources
- Mediating global settlement of multi-country litigation arising from mining rights in Eastern Europe.
ICT – Information, Communication & Technology
“He knew the business issues and their client could associate with him well. His industry experience was a real bonus.” - Client Feedback
“We chose him because of his technology background. He was in-house at IBM and so we thought that he would be able to understand the issues here.” - Client Feedback
- Dispute over licence fees due for world-wide use of expert systems software by a global telecoms systems provider.
- Resolution of high-value dispute following acquisition by a French public company of the business and IT assets of a UK plc.
- Mediation in Germany of cross-claims of $20m between a German public company and a sub-contractor following termination of global supply contract.
- Resolution of claims for £2m from company in media industry against their ICT supplier for failure of custom built software and counter-claim for wrongful termination.
- Dispute over installation of logistics software at a major plc. and claims arising of £10m+.
- A long-running dispute over alleged breaches of a services contract for the installation of Enterprise Resource Planning software and the settlement of cross-claims of £2m+.
- Resolution of claims of £100K following rejected installation of data collection software for a professional services firm.
- Settlement of cross-claims totalling £2.7m following a major installation of Enterprise Resource Planning software with a multinational company.
- Co-mediating a settlement of litigation between a public sector agency and four defendants, arising out of a failed IT installation.
- A dispute involving the performance of wireless cards in hand-held PC's from a major multinational supplier.
- The termination of an IT outsourcing contract and related joint-venture between a US multinational and a UK plc., and resolution of cross-claims of £30m+.
- Settlement of litigation following termination of a project for IT systems conversion and resolution of cross-claims of £3M+.
- Disputed installation of networked PC's and associated claims from a research institute.
- A dispute over the late delivery of four European web-sites and associated claims of £500K+ for lost business.
- Executive negotiation of major IT systems contracts; settlement of £20m+ multi-party litigation from public sector outsourcing; multi-party negotiations to recover substantial funds in offshore fraud case.
- Dispute over termination of IT services provided to support outsourcing contracts for two global companies and resulting claims from the sub-contractor.
- Dispute between a technology consultant company and a wealth management company over the installation of back-office software and related services.
- Resolution of claims following the receivership of a steel stockholding company.
- Dispute over whether a substantial sum was a loan or a gift absent an agreement.
- Dispute between a large multinational and an ICT consultancy for alleged unauthorised copying of their proprietary software.
- A sales director in an ICT company moved to a competitor and made use of confidential customer data held on his previous employer’s database. An injunction was granted and the claim subsequently was settled in mediation.
- Dispute involving IP rights held by off-shore company for a new search-engine.
- Ownership of IPR in new ventures.
- Breaches of fiduciary duty.
- Copyright infringement disputes.
- Unfair competition claims.
- Dispute over advertising for personal air transport aimed at media stars.
- Settlement of litigation between author and an international publisher.
- Mediating dispute over failed delivery of new system for international talent agency.
Partnership & Shareholder
“He was very good at identifying personalities. There were a number of difficult characters at the mediation. He recognised this. It could have been potentially explosive to put certain individuals together but he got the right personalities together.” – Client Feedback
- Dispute over withheld completion payment for share transfer following alleged misappropriation of company funds.
- Settlement of claims between Iraqi and Sri Lankan shareholders arising from a founders' agreement for a website development company.
- Disputes between a number of partners/shareholders and their companies operating in the mining industry. Claims related to loss of income related to regime change in a State in Eastern Europe.
- Resolution of claims & cross-claims between two publicly quoted recruitment companies following the transfer of high-value consultants.
- Breach of restrictive covenant dispute between a Sales Director and his former employers over allegations of using confidential information to make prohibited business proposals to clients.
- Shareholder dispute arising out of a web-site development business.
Claim for breach of duty by solicitor for alleged failure to properly identify his client resulting in a fraud against a third party who lost £200,000.
- A dispute over the use of amenities in a Docklands development.
- Mediating the re-negotiation of the terms of a loan agreement providing working capital to a not-for-profit organisation which provides services to several local authorities that had been downsized following Government’s austerity measures.
- A student seeking to be re-qualified as a health worker failed his university course and after unsuccessful appeals started a legal action alleging breaches of the university regulations and human rights.
- An immigrant from East Africa started legal proceedings against a Police Authority alleging harassment and abuse of human rights after being stopped in his car more than 30 times.
- Settlement of litigation following rejection of a major software application for a central Government department.
- Dispute between private companies and local authorities in relation the provision of professional services.
- EU funding dispute in relation to a new Member State.
Sale of Goods & Services
- Dispute between a German supplier of ERP software and services and a Belgian NGO customer.
- Resolution of claims of $6.5m + between a European supplier and a global bank, following the termination of a major banking application for world-wide roll-out.
- Settlement of cross-claims arising from operation of customised package software supplied by US company for a UK wealth manager.
- Dispute between sub-contractor and prime contractor over entitlement to performance fees in an outsourcing contract with local government.
- Dispute over development contract for mobile app for secure on-line processing of credit card payments.
Updated: February 2018