To contact or appoint Felicity Steadman, call CEDR on +44 (0)207 536 6060 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Commercial dispute between grouse, partridge and pheasant shooting estate and a farmer over shooting rights.
Construction & Engineering
- Commercial breach of contract dispute over unpaid fees between accountant and building company, which had gone into liquidation.
- Commercial breach of contract. County court referred mediation in fast track claims between builder and homeowner over unpaid invoices and unfinished building works.
Employment & Workplace
- Dispute between a manager and subordinate in the procurement department of a large company servicing the military. The employee had initiated a grievance against her manager. There had been an investigation and only some of her allegations had been upheld. One of the recommendations of the investigation was that the two parties participate in a mediation process to restore their working relationship. The mediation process took a day, following the typical workplace mediation format of private meetings and one extended joint meeting. A detailed action plan was agreed at the conclusion of the process, and the parties gave permission of this to be conveyed in full to their line manager and HR.
- Disability discrimination claim between in-house solicitor, represented by trade union, and large public sector organisation. Settled post issue and six weeks prior to ET.
- Age discrimination and unfair dismissal alleged by sales person against multinational. Post issue, a few weeks before ET.
- Bullying and harassment alleged by project manager against insurance company. Post investigation but pre-issue of claim.
- Managerial style. Clash of old guard manager and newly appointed CEO. Both valued employees who directors would prefer not to have leave the organisation.
- Return to work after sick leave of team members following relationship breakdown between managers and team. Twelve individual mediations take place after careful conflict analysis.
- Unfair dismissal and whistle blowing claim by senior scientist against multinational pharmaceutical company. Pre issue of proceedings.
- Dispute concerning alleged constructive dismissal of company director.
- Workplace mediation in a conflict between two colleagues in a Corporate services membership organisation. One had complained to to the employer about the behaviour of the other. Her grievance and her appeal were unsuccessful and the organisation encouraged both parties to go to mediation.
- Employment dispute between two senior managers in an international agency. Complainant had filed an harassment complaint, but opted for mediation to settle the dispute informally. Investigation and adjudication would have had far reaching consequences for both parties' careers.
- Dispute for damaged working relationship between two senior managers in an international professional services company. Their relationship had broken down over the impact of the appointment of one of them into a more senior position than the other, aggravated by their very different working styles.
Partnership & Shareholder
- Managerial style. Two partners in a law firm can longer work together and clash over how their departments interact and about how they deal with strategic decision making in the firm.
- Managerial style. Two academics in a highly respected university fall out over decision making style of more senior one of the two. Both need to be able to fundraise and work together.
- Relationship breakdown. Employment solicitor and a transaction solicitor can no longer work together because transaction solicitor keeps straying into employment law when giving advice in mergers and acquisitions.
- Commercial breach of contract dispute between homeowner and builder over a dispute concerning loft conversion.
Sale of Goods & Services
- Commercial breach of contract dispute between large food packaging company and a recycling service over unpaid invoices.
- Commercial breach of contract dispute between a laundry service and a family owned hotel over unpaid invoices and unsatisfactory service.
Updated: October 2015