To contact or appoint Fiona Colquhoun, call CEDR on +44 (0)207 536 6060 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Fiona brings professional and business understanding, with very strong people and intuitive skills, to her work. As a mediator she creates a safe environment for individuals to establish a dialogue, enabling them to resolve their seemingly intractable differences. Her style is flexible and creative as mediation can happen in different ways and Fiona adapts the process to meet the needs of the parties.
Fiona always spends time carefully preparing for the case and will have confidential discussions with each party and their advisors, read any relevant documents and understand the key issues before the day of the mediation. In some instances, Fiona may also meet with each of the parties before the mediation day. Mediations generally take place over one or two days but they may also take place over longer periods of time in sessions to give the parties time to reflect and work on resolutions in a collaborative manner.
Fiona is also rated for her careful follow up and being committed to help parties reach a settlement however challenging this may be. Some cases do not settle on the mediation day itself but Fiona works post mediation with the parties which in nearly all cases brings about a settlement.
Feedback - Clients
- “Challenged the parties- She is top of our list for any further mediations.”
- “Fiona put her heart and soul into the mediation- well beyond the call of duty.”
- “Excellent, very impressive. We would happily use Fiona’s services again."
- “She has the art of keeping mediation going when people would want to walk away.”
- “Liked her style, sensitivity and good humour.”
- “Intellectually capable, got to the heart of the issues quickly.”
- “Able to process what was going on and problem solve in ‘real time’.”
- “Managed to rally the parties to converse, everyone was very shy in coming forward.”
- “Exemplary and completely impartial.”
- “Very commercial and professional, but also creative and intuitive.”
- “Calm and balanced with staying power, energy and well able to deal with the unexpected."
- “Very sensitive to the difficult personalities involved, and understood the issues.”
- “Stayed with this throughout - her follow up was sincere and very helpful.”
- “Fiona had an impossibly difficult task, their lawyers were just incredibly difficult - the most phenomenally difficult people I’ve ever come across, but it concluded happily.”
Feedback – Directories
- With "excellent interpersonal skills," Colquhoun "cuts through people's bias to address the crux of the matter at hand" and is "absolutely committed to reaching a conclusion."
- Chambers & Partners Guide to the Legal Profession 2013
Updated: March 2017