To contact or appoint Geoffrey Greenhouse, call CEDR on +44 (0)207 536 6060 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dispute by family as to the fees charged by an attorney acting for an incapacitated elderly lady.
- In the last years of his life, E made four Wills alternating between giving his Godson every thong and the lodger/carer a lump sum of £50.000,00; or, the Godson and carer each sharing the residue of his state. It appeared that the moment he made a Will in favour of one of them, the other persuaded him to change his mind and make another Will in their favour. This was not however how the parties saw the matter. They accused each other of having deliberately persuaded him to make a Will.
- Family dispute over a gift of £500,000 involving undue influence argument.
- A probate dispute between a widow and her stepdaughter relating to an estate valued in excess of £500,000. After three years of litigation the dispute was referred to mediation by the Court.
- A dispute between members of an extended family as to the ownership of a farm valued in excess of £2million. The farm had planning permission for a residential development. After 12 years of bitter litigation the dispute was referred to mediation by the Court. The dispute was settled in one day of mediation.
- A dispute between a major UK charity and a member who had been expelled from the charity was settled in one day and as a result Judicial Review proceedings were discontinued. The parties were delighted at saving substantial costs and avoiding harmful and embarrassing publicity.
- A family Trust dispute between parents and children. Value in excess of £2million.
- Dispute as to a validity of a will.
- Long running family dispute with regard to a trust and claim by one party for £3 millions.
Updated: August 2018