To contact or appoint Heather Allen, call CEDR on +44 (0)207 536 6060 or email email@example.com
Heather has a clear, direct, practical approach to mediation, not flinching from the tensions that so often accompany business difficulties. She applies a problem-solving approach, combined with empathy and lateral thinking, to help parties achieve a workable agreement. Her expertise in process management assists the parties in using the time flexibly and productively towards settlement.
As a highly effective communicator, Heather is able to help parties to communicate persuasively with each other, and she uses her expertise in negotiating contracts in the publishing and advertising industries to assist parties to devise and exchange proposals in a way that encourages progress.
Feedback – Clients
- “Thank you very much for providing such an excellent mediation service … Your calm, measured attitude and inclusive, informative approach were exactly what was required for our case.”
- "Your calm, confident approach and sensible down to earth advice was really appreciated. I am quite sure that we would not have achieved a satisfactory result ever, without your help, let alone so peacefully and so quickly."
- “Thank you so much for your invaluable efforts ... It was fascinating to see how the process worked. Very grateful to you for staying so late and keeping everyone focused.”
- "Thank you very much for providing such an excellent mediation service ... Your calm, measured attitude and inclusive, informative approach were exactly what was required for our case."
- “Thank you for your hard work .. I found your approach warm, constructive and very professional.”“…thank you deeply, for being so patient, professional and human. I could feel that you understood my condition and this helped me enormously.”“Heather was excellent – firm and clear and obviously knows her stuff.”
- “Showed great energy and commitment to a very long day.”
- “Worked tirelessly and sensitively to bring the parties together during the course of the day, and helped bridge what appeared to be an unbridgeable gap.”
- “Whilst the subject of the mediation required unique specialist knowledge, she exhibited a good working understanding for a lay person.”
- “Worked extremely hard to keep settlement at the forefront of the disputants minds.”
- “Conciliatory in tone and sensible” “Picked up rapidly on points of difficulty.”
- “Did a great job at building up trust on both sides.”
- “She imported realism to the proceedings.”
- “I was very impressed with Heather. We had some very strong minded people…all had the potential for throwing their toys out of the pram…I think that Heather handled it very well.”
- “Totally professional and objective. Focussed on agreed outcomes.”
- “Strengths- listening, energy, calmness, maintenance of a secure, positive environment.”
- “Managed a very fair and open process.”
- “Patience and perseverance”… “An excellent mediator”
- “Heather has tremendous drive and energy” “Quickly got the respect of the parties”
- “Heather played a difficult role with great discretion.”
- “Heather had clearly prepared well and put everyone at ease at the outset.”
Feedback – Directories
Heather has, for many years, been identified by independent industry directories such as Chambers & Partners and the Legal 500 as a leading mediator in the field.
- Heather Allen is a "very creative" mediator with a strong practice that often sees her appointed in high-value, high-emotion claims including employment, clinical negligence and commercial matters. She draws praise from market sources for "her constructive, solution-orientated and respectful approach" and her "straight-talking but persuasive" style.
- Chambers 2016
- "... she can get clients to conciliate and compromise, even where you think no further movement can be achieved"
- Legal 500 2015
- “Sources value Heather Allen for her empathetic approach and say she "balances each side's arguments effectively" and is "a good listener." She is highly regarded for her profile in contentious inheritance and employment matters.”
- Chambers 2013
- “Enthusiastic and tireless in the pursuit of settlement..” “Manner…calm, open and available”
- Chambers 2012
- “Experience, perceptiveness and attention to detail”
- Chambers 2011
- “She is respected for grasping the complexities, whilst simultaneously steering both parties to the wider settlement issues…she remains focussed, positive and driven at all times”
- Chambers 2010
- “Her willingness to take a broad overview and ability to adapt to a complex, changing situation proved invaluable”
- Chambers 2009
- “Allen’s forte is keeping mediations on track. She knows when to be patient and when to push things on”
- Chambers 2008
- “She gently drives things forward”
- Chambers 2007
- “A gifted mediator; gets underneath a problem and sees all of its angles”
- Chambers 2006
- “Good with clients and very down to earth.”
- “A winning combination of pragmatism and insight.”
- “Calm, diplomatic and resilient, she is able to keep people focussed in a fraught situation and facilitate the best outcome.”
Extracts from Chambers & Partners Guide to the Legal Profession and the Legal 500
Updated: July 2018