To contact or appoint Ian Lowe, call CEDR on +44 (0)207 536 6060 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
(Non-Neutral work in italics)
Commercial Contracts: Dispute between programme makers and major broadcaster.
Construction & Engineering: Representing Birmingham Metropole Hotel in claim against contractors for installation of defective fire main.
ICT - Information Communications & Technology
- Claim by family owned manufacturing company for failure of computer software implementation contract.
- Multi-million pound claim for failure of major computer system – mediation between High Court decision and appeal.
- Dispute as to the responsibility for the competency of a software programmer.
- Acting for former NatWest Bank subsidiary Centre-file in a claim relating to computer software copyright infringement and breach of confidential information.
- Acting for operators of major Russian social networking website in litigation concerning breach of employment contract, breach of fiduciary duties and infringement of trademarks, software copyright and database right.
Insolvency: Acting for receiver of CMC Germany in proceedings under German law in multi-million pound claim in the High Court in London against its parent company Rediffusion Plc based on a letter of comfort.
- Copyright and trade mark infringement claims arising out of the breach of a distribution agreement in respect of weight loss machines.
- Claims for infringement of registered designs of furniture.
- Dispute as to the infringement of software copyright by a former employee.
- Successfully defending automotive company in proceedings arising out of the import of allegedly counterfeit goods (Customs & Excise v Top High Development).
- Advising major UK medical charity on patent royalty dispute with university researchers.
- Representing Costco Wholesale in its parallel imports dispute with Levi Strauss (Levi Strauss v Tesco Stores and Costco Wholesale).
- Acting for North Sea oil technology company in patent dispute.
- Representing Diesel Jeans in action against importer of counterfeit jeans.
- Acting for Oracle/Sun Microsystems in its successful Supreme Court case concerning parallel imports.
- Solicitors professional negligence claim.
- Acting for Caparo Industries in its claim against Touche Ross, the leading House of Lords’ case on accountants’ negligence (Caparo v Dickman).
- Claim for damages for breach of the obligation to process personal data fairly under the Data Protection Act.
Property: Acting for leading supermarket chain in multi-million pound real estate valuation arbitration.
Sales of Goods & Services: Dispute between farm production company and IT supplier concerning the provision and implementation of an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) System.
Other Dispute Resolution Experience
- Member of the Expert Review Group appointed by Nominet UK to determine appeals in relation to domain name disputes.
- WIPO Domain Name Panellist.
- WIPO Arbitration and Mediation Center List of Neutrals.
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators.
Updated: April 2018