To contact or appoint Jane Player, call CEDR on +44 (0)207 536 6060 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Banking & Finance
- Breach of mandate disputes.
- Consortium disputes where there are multi-party banks involved and disputes arise out of priorities on loan repayment distributions.
- Dispute between 2 large IFA businesses.
- Joint venture disputes between two large multinationals with regard to investments in the Indian market.
- Finance projects where the bank or insurer has acted as the lost payee under an insurance policy backing a project which then fails.
- Breaches of compliance rules and FSA regulations.
- Breaches of contracts/contract interpretation.
- Misrepresentation/failure to disclose.
- Breaches of confidentiality and fiduciary duty.
- Termination/repudiation of agreements.
- Disputes regarding outstanding debts.
- Competition/Procurement: Disputes with competitor businesses.
Construction & Engineering:
- Major PPP/PPI projects in the construction industry.
- Spanish and South American development scheme dispute.
- Renewable energy joint venture in South America with Swedish counterparty.
- Spanish contractor dispute with Finish designer of water plant project.
- Asian power plant dispute with US NGO.
- African charity project with Canadian, African and UK government agencies involved.
- Manufacturing: Dispute between Korean and Egyptian car manufacturers on breach of joint venture agreement.
Corporate Fraud: Fraud investigations involving two or more jurisdictions (to include USA).
Employment & Workplace
- Dispute between HR Director and Union regarding negotiation behaviour and potential defamation allegations.
- Dispute with unions and large construction site mediated with 4 parties: individual, union, contractor and insurer.
Energy & Natural Resources
- Water project dispute in Asia.
- Defence and energy dispute in Middle East.
- Energy dispute between African and Russian entities.
- Dispute regarding drilling licences in Africa.
- Mediation following fall out between engineering company and contractor following investigation into explosion at mining installation.
ICT: Information, Communication & Technology
- Breach of contract. Acting for the supplier and customer on turn-key projects as well as design only and/or maintenance only projects in the telecommunications and IT sectors.
- Regulatory disputes involving licence fees.
- Professional negligence against other professionals to include solicitors and accountants and IT/Telecoms experts.
- UCTA case for communications parties to include allegations of EU dominant position in the market.
- Software licence disputes and the valid transfer of software licences.
- Disputes on IT Telecoms projects where disputes have arisen over failed milestones and breach of contract/negligence actions for not fit for purpose systems.
- International project disputes to include multi jurisdiction and cross cultural issues within Europe.
- International, Turkish and Asian communication projects dispute.
- Acted for a manufacturer on a product liability case where there were allegations of negligence in the process.
- Acted for a semiconductor business on a Joint venture fall out involving allegations of breach of contract.
- Acted for 2 large IT conglomerates where there were allegations of process chain issues involving a semiconductor business.
- Copyright and licensing disputes in the publishing, telecoms and IT industries.
- Media IP/IPR disputes.
- Banking disputes which involve the security taken over IPR rights.
Media & Entertainment
- Film finance disputes to include distributor disputes and producer/financier disputes.
- Celebrity investment dispute in Formula One project.
- Various disputes in relation to solicitor, accountant, surveyor and specialist expert negligence.
- Medical practice disputes to involve professional negligence and partnership law issues.
- Architects negligence.
- Patent agents negligence.
- Claim against film solicitors who had incorrectly protected their client’s position.
- Dispute between entrepreneur of multi businesses and accountants and advice given re dividend ability.
Reputation Management: Defamation actions to include breach of confidence within media and publishing industries as well as corporate defamation actions.
Other Dispute Resolution Experience
- Early neutral evaluation, arbitration, expert determination.
- Part of MATA (Mediation and Training Alternatives) faculty authorised provider for CIArb Mediation Training Courses.
- Series of training for the International teams of Bird & Bird on cross cultural mediation and dispute resolution.
- Government and Local Authority training for mediation.
Updated: October 2015