To contact or appoint Jeremy Connell, call CEDR on +44 (0)207 536 6060 or email email@example.com
Aviation: Dispute between a recruitment agency and a supplier to the aerospace industry over a transfer fee for a contractor.
- A substantial claim over the termination of a regional sales concession.
- A dispute over debt and customer relations issues between a major bank and a longstanding customer.
- A dispute between a multinational manufacturer and a Portuguese distributor over termination of an exclusive distribution agreement.
- Dispute between a Healthcare Trust and a Facilities Management provider of hotel services over the value of equipment included in the FM contract for which the Trust was liable.
- Claim by a postgraduate student that a university was negligent in supervising his doctorate and in handling his initial complaint to the university following a failed viva voca.
- Grievances and a general breakdown of relations between a professor and other senior academic and administrative staff at a university. Reconciliation and agreement on specific preventive measures for the future.
- A claim by a student against a university for unfair termination of his PhD under the Department for Constitutional Affairs’ “Visitor” Scheme.
- Compensation claim by a student against a university for damage to her health and delay to the completion of her PHD due to alleged discrimination, bullying and harassment by the university. Settlement included an appropriate plan for the student to complete her studies.
- Appeal by a course director at a city university against a finding of bullying after an internal investigation by the director of teaching staff.
- Claim against a college for alleged discrimination and a breach of data protection rules damaging the claimant’s reputation and career prospects.
- Compensation claim by a student against a university for alleged lack of support and guidance and a failure to follow appropriate procedures.
- Compensation and lost earnings claim by a PhD student against a university for negligence and breach of contract due to the university’s alleged failure to adequately supervise him or provide adequate resources.
- Damages claim for breach of contract and/or negligence after the suspension of a university student from an osteopathy course.
- Claim by a group of students against a university and guild of students on the grounds of racial and religious discrimination. Settlement included provisions designed to prevent similar claims arising in the future.
- Claim for disability discrimination over a student’s exclusion from a City College.
- Dispute between a university and a former employee over repayment of a loan for further education.
- A personal injury dispute between a university and a student over compensation and other remedies following the decision of a viva panel to fail his thesis which triggered long term mental health problems.
Employment & Workplace
- Breach of Contract
- Claim for damages for breach of contract by a property management company against a former employee dismissed for gross misconduct.
- Compensation claim (worth nearly £300,000) by a senior civil servant against a major government department for damage to his health due to bullying and harassment by a superior which led to the claimant being unable to continue in his job.
- Workplace dispute between a project coordinator and the head of services at a major city advice centre for alleged bullying.
- Claim by a team leader of a UK care and welfare organisation for unfair dismissal on the grounds of disability discrimination.
- Claim against a leading professional association for discrimination in relation to recruitment and short-listing for a senior management role.
- Claim against a county council for disability discrimination due to an alleged failure to make reasonable adjustments for an employee suffering from anxiety and depression.
- Claim for discrimination, victimisation and harassment by the former senior partner of a medical practice and for payment of her share of the value of partnership assets.
- Compensation claim against a foreign embassy by a former employee for alleged bullying and discrimination.
- A disability discrimination claim by an employee against a leading UK sports organisation.
- A disability discrimination claim by a senior official against two NHS bodies. Agreement provided for a review of procedures in relation to disability and grievances.
- A longstanding claim by an employee against a Sixth Form College for discrimination on the grounds of the college's failure to make reasonable adjustments for the employee's disability.
- Claim against a criminal justice support services organisation for unfair dismissal on the grounds of misconduct.
- Claim against British Transport Police for constructive dismissal on the grounds of sexual discrimination.
- Relationship Breakdown
- Facilitation to resolve a dispute between three counselling supervisors in a national charity, avoiding the need for implementation of a formal grievance procedure. Resolution in the equivalent of one day included agreement on essential internal team-building steps for the future.
- Highly charged dispute following the breakdown of relationships between two directors and a senior manager of an innovative international company, including sexual harassment and data protection issues.
- Dispute between two employees of a professional association, whose relationship had broken down disrupting performance and teamwork.
- Workplace dispute over the handling of children with behavioural problems.
- Acrimony between a senior manager and an employee following a grievance process.
- Dispute between an advertising agency and a professional services firm over an alleged flagrant breach of copyright.
- Damages claim by a search engine optimisation firm against an international real estate company and counter claim for breach of contract.
Media & Entertainment: Dispute between a licensor of 3D systems to cinema companies and a licensee over contractual terms and moneys due.
Professional Negligence: Claim by a lawyer for payment of unpaid bonuses and counter claim by his firm for professional negligence and consequential losses.
- A £400,000 claim against contractors for fire damage to real property.
- A protracted dispute between a housing authority and a long-term tenant.
- Claim in excess of £500,000 against an insurance company for failure to meet a buildings subsidence claim in dispute for nearly ten years.
- A claim for compensation under the Data Protection Act, involving senior civil servants in a leading government department.
- A case of wrongful arrest, unlawful detention and malicious prosecution against the police on the grounds of racial discrimination.
Sale of Goods & Services
- Claim against a private banker and adviser for repayment of monies paid to him, totalling more than £300,000 including interest and legal costs.
- Compensation claim by a sub-contractor against a contractor over payment for landscape gardening services and counter claim for breach of contract.
- Claim by a postgraduate student that a university had been negligent in supervising his doctorate and in handling his initial complaint relating to this
- Dispute between the parties to an aircraft lease in relation to maintenance costs over a 2 year period.
- Claim by a student that a university had discriminated against him on the grounds of disability in terminating his studies and should readmit him to his course and pay compensation.
- Dispute between a university and a student over allegations of inadequate supervision and counter allegations of academic misconduct.
- Dispute between a premium drinks brand and its former distributor over compensation for early termination of a 5-year distribution agreement.
- Dispute between a law firm and clients over payment of fees.
Updated: April 2016