To contact or appoint Joanna Cavell, call CEDR on +44 (0)207 536 6060 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Charities: Independent Complaints Reviewer for the Charity Commission’s complaints procedure.
- A dispute following a company acquisition involving allegations about valuations and alleged misrepresentation by the vendor.
- Breach of contract regarding temp to perm agreement.
Construction & Engineering
- Building dispute following unpaid invoices and counterclaim for defective works.
- Dispute over the supply of air-conditioning units during hotel refit when two subcontractors went into receivership.
- Dispute between a sub-contractor and supplier of air-conditioning units for construction of a hotel.
- Two public sector bodies in disagreement over commissioned research projects.
- ICASO Adjudicator dealing with complaints made to Ofsted related to school inspections child care providers.
Energy & Natural Resources: Mediator of disputes under the Renewable Energy Assurance Scheme related to the installation of renewable energy systems including solar panels and wind turbines in residential properties.
- Landlord & Tenant
- Dispute over reassignment of lease involving allegations of harassment by both parties.
- Landlord and Tenant dispute regarding outstanding payments following alleged early termination of agreement.
- Adjudicator of tenancy deposit disputes under the tenancy deposit protection scheme.
- A number of tenancy mediations for a social housing mediation scheme.
- A claim for professional negligence against a solicitor and a counter claim for unpaid invoices.
- Claim against a recruitment consultancy.
Sale of Goods & Services
- Mediations involving breach of contract for non-payment of invoices for online marketing, recruitment and magazine advertising.
- Claim for unpaid invoices and counterclaim for lack of duty of care and consequent out of pocket and potential damage to business.
- Dispute regarding provision of candidate between public sector body and recruitment agency.
- Supply and maintenance of 8 non half hour (NHH) smart meters during 10 year period.
- Dispute between international estate agent and vendor/landlord involving a dispute over the commission following an agency agreement, tenancy deposit and fees following lease extension negotiations.
Updated: July 2017