To contact or appoint Joe Tirado, call CEDR on +44 (0)207 536 6060 or email email@example.com
Joe has been praised for being commercially aware, personable, analytical and a good judge of character.
Feedback – Clients & Assessors
- “Joe clearly has a breadth of real world commercial dispute experience which he brings from his professional background.”
- “He was highly aware of interpersonal nuances and negotiation styles, demonstrating this by good analysis after caucuses and predicting, as well as suggesting, ways forward.”
- “…prepared, engaged and commercially aware. It was a pleasure to work with him.”
- “...well able to establish rapport with the parties in short space of time.”
- “Astute observer of people.” “He gave parties considerable opportunities to air their views.”
- “…had no difficulty in establishing a good rapport and indeed has a presence that instils confidence.”
- “If you have a high maintenance client or a particularly contentious dispute I would certainly recommend using Joe Tirado.”
- “Having regard to the fact that he was appointed at the very last minute and therefore had not had much time to consider the case before him, he understood the issues very quickly.”
- "Helpful and supportive. He was a very good sounding-board between private sessions... He is perceptive and sensitive to the way parties are reacting: good qualities in a mediator.”
- “...he was able to interact in a positive way and was highly aware of interpersonal nuances and negotiation styles, demonstrating this by good analysis after caucuses and predicting, as well as suggesting, ways forward.”
- “Commercially aware, personable, analytical and a good judge of character. Well prepared and hard working. User-friendly, but professional and focussed on reaching a workable solution.”
Feedback – Directories
Joe is recognized as a ranked and leading individual for international arbitration and ADR in:
- "He is quick on the uptake and able to think laterally across different issues."
- “…gives out-of-the-box solutions to very complex problems.”
- “first class”
- “...shows an excellent grasp of clients' needs.” “…thoroughly solid performer.”
- “…practical and legally sound lawyer who goes beyond lawyering to give good commercial advice.”
- “good and experienced”
- offers “…practical guidance that is always vested in the client’s best interests".
- “…best known for his work on energy-related disputes, but is also recognized for his financial services and public international law expertise.”
- “…fantastic with clients and a tremendous tactician.”
- He is “a great guy to have on your side … He is quick on the uptake and able to think laterally across different issues.”
- He is “fantastic to work with due to his knowledge of the law and his understanding of our business”.
- “He has a very good commercial mind and is good at applying legal solutions to clients' needs."
- He is "extremely able - he's a very experienced arbitration practitioner, very steady, knows his subject and doesn't get panicked by anything; a calm and safe pair of hands."
- Peers regard him as "a great disputes lawyer who knows his subject and doesn't get panicked by anything. He has an established reputation amongst clients in the energy and shipping sectors, and is also in high demand as an arbitrator.”
Updated: August 2018