To contact or appoint John Fordham, call CEDR on +44 (0)207 536 6060 or email email@example.com
John is willing to take the lead and believes in the importance of controlling the mediation process – however, the settlement has to be that of the parties and the role of the mediator is facilitative; John has a great deal of experience, in and out of the office, in solving and helping to solve problems.
Feedback – Clients
- "He was prepared to persevere and was supportive throughout."
- "Excellent man for the job."
- "He took a very measured approach to the mediation and I was very impressed."
- "I went in to the mediation day as a sceptic but found it to be extremely helpful, so much was achieved throughout the day."
- "He had a good grasp of the issues and reality-tested the litigation risk well."
- "He was calm and handled the matter and the parties well."
- "He is open and uses down to earth language and humour very effectively. He establishes rapport very well in this way."
- "He was straight-talking and very personable."
- "…dealt with the mediation very smoothly."
- “…heavyweight with a light touch.”
At the end of the recent solicitor partnership arbitration where John was appointed arbitrator, the senior partner of the law firm in which the dispute between partners had arisen, wrote as follows:
"I am writing on behalf of the Firm and myself to thank you for your help in the resolution of the problems which have recently affected us. Your extremely efficient conduct of the procedural and other issues arising in the arbitration proceedings prior to the achievement of a settlement was of very material assistance in the process of reaching a resolution."
Feedback - Directories
"A very safe pair of hands for a range of commercial disputes,” Fordham heads Stephenson Harwood's commercial litigation department and is a part-time, CEDR-registered mediator. He is "personable and solutions-oriented," according to observers.
Chambers & Partners Guide to the Legal Profession
"John Fordham has a growing reputation as a mediator while remaining head of litigation at Stephenson Harwood. He has a natural facilitative style underpinned by ‘shrewd analysis of the facts’ and the ability to pare down obstacles - legal and emotional - to engineer settlements."
The Legal 500
Updated: December 2015