To contact or appoint John Owen, call CEDR on +44 (0)207 536 6060 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Having worked eighteen years at sea in the merchant navy and a further 26 years within the marine insurance community, John established Bernicia Marine Consultants Limited to provide expertise and mediation services in this sector. He has extensive dispute resolution experience in all manner of marine insurance claims and has used his mediation and ADR training to avoid contentious litigation in all but a few circumstances in more than 25 years.
- Director / Bernicia Marine Consultants Limited - January 2016
- Senior Claims Manager / The Swedish Club - Sept 2008 / December 2015
- North of England P&I - Greek Office Deputy Manager 2000 – 2002
- Senior Claims Executive with North of England P&I since 1990
- Master Mariner (Class 1) Deck with 16 years’ experience at sea on all types of vessels including 12 years on LPG/tankers with 5 years in command – worldwide trade
- Day to day operational and technical management and adjustment of admiralty, cargo, hull & machinery, salvage and pollution related claims - liaising with ship owners / brokers / charterers / claimants / legal and technical advisors.
- Involvement in ‘RENA’ grounding in New Zealand and the ‘NEW FLAME’ (Gibraltar) and several noteworthy salvage cases.
Updated: August 2017