To contact or appoint Mark Manley, call CEDR on +44 (0)207 536 6060 or email email@example.com
Mark’s professional practice includes the following areas:
- Commercial Disputes/Contract Etc.: Acts in substantial breach of warranty claims/shareholder disputes/petitions/ contract claims/ professional negligence cases. SRA panellist for professional negligence claims.
- Intellectual Property: represents clients in copyright, passing off and trade mark infringement cases including ITV Plc.
- Media and Sport: Acts for major Media clients in radio and print media including national and regional newspapers, magazines, radio stations, celebrities. Major clients include Trinity Mirror Plc, Bauer Media and all its radio stations, Manchester United, Manchester City, Liverpool FC, Everton FC, Lime Pictures (Only Way is Essex/ Geordie Shore), EN magazine, Insider Magazines. Acts for many high profile clients in the Music, Sports and entertainment industries involved in contractual and other disputes. Has obtained several superinjunctions/ injunctions/ privacy orders/ several reported cases in Court of Appeal and House of Lords (e.g. Cream Holdings v Banerjee and Liverpool Daily Post and Echo Ltd HL). Acts for household names e.g. Amir Khan/ Kerry Katona/ CAN Associates/Ricky Tomlinson/ Ricky Whittle/ Carlos Tevez/ Edwin Van der Saar/ Gerard Pique (Barcelona FC), Jamie Carragher, Micah Richards, Sven Goran Eriksson, several Open Championship Golf Clubs/players and many others. Ranked nationally in London and UK Defamation Section of Chambers Directory and Band 1 Legal 500 Media/Sport.
- Managing Director of Manleys. Major clients include national and regional newspapers, radio stations nationwide, magazines and other publishers and TV Producers; computer software companies; several Premiership Clubs, Managers and Players and many celebrities in sports, music and entertainment industries.
- 1991-2012: Partner, Brabners Chaffe Street; Partner on the firm’s Management Board for 10 years; Head of Commercial Litigation Department for 8 years.
- Deputy District Judge (Northern Circuit).
- Negligence Panellist for the Office for the Supervision of Solicitors since 1996.
- Member of the British Association for Sport and Law.
- Member of the Association of District Judges.
- Mediator on Sports Resolutions Panel.
- Lectures widely for Kaplan Altior on Law Firm Management and Financial Services and to media clients and the College of Law on Media Law/reputation management/ privacy /confidentiality / claims avoidance and Court Reporting.
Updated: October 2015