To contact or appoint Mark Summerfield, call CEDR on +44 (0)207 536 6060 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
(Non-neutral work in italics)
- Contractual dispute between the sole distributors in Israel of a number of well-known pharmaceutical products and their manufacturers in the UK.
- Contractual dispute between a well-known brand of Cola and the company’s advertising agents.
- Contractual dispute between the South African growers and suppliers of fruit to Sainsbury’s and their agents / distributors in the UK.
- Contractual dispute regarding the alleged wrongful termination of a contract for e-learning services.
Construction & Engineering
- Disputes relating to the design and fitting out of various cafeteria situated in the South East of England.
- Dispute relating to the defective construction of a large residential development in Central London. Three party mediation involving a FTSE 100 company, a firm of architects and a group of builders.
Employment & Workplace
- Employment dispute in the health care industry in which the employees were also partners in the business.
- Dispute between the directors of an Italian food distribution company, following the dismissal of one director amid allegations of theft and unfair prejudice.
- Employment and workplace dispute affecting one of the largest hotel groups in the World.
- Alleged unlawful tipping of waste material by a firm of hauliers. Three party mediation involving the contractor, the hauliers and their sub-contractors.
- Dispute between a local authority and the managers of one of its waste sites, regarding the contamination of green and compostable waste.
Mark has over 20 years’ experience of acting in insolvency-related litigation.
- Acting for a variety of creditors (including a number of banks) and debtors.
- Wealth of experience acting for and against trustees in bankruptcy.
- Recent experience of private examinations of bankrupts; asset tracing; and setting aside of prior transactions.
Media & Entertainment: NCVO mediation involving two of the directors of a theatre group. No financial issues involved - all about the resolution of personal differences and issues of respect.
Partnership & Shareholder
- Dispute between the former partners of a firm dedicated to medical research. All the parties were and remain eminent professionals and specialists in their field.
- Dispute between the owners and directors of a firm of independent financial advisers including allegations of unfair prejudice, theft and breach of fiduciary duty.
- Breakdown of a joint venture relating to the provision of medical services including claims for lost profits and defamation.Bitter dispute between the shareholders of a company that manufactures heavy machinery.
- Partnership dispute surrounding an insurance business.
- Dispute between co-shareholders and co-directors of an Apple authorised repair business, following the breakdown of their relationship.
- Claim against a solicitor who advised on a corporate acquisition where the client also a family friend.
- Claim against a firm of solicitors in relation to advice given to an individual regarding a mortgage.
- Claim against a firm of architects in relation to the defective design and subsequent refurbishment of a substantial residence.
- Dispute between a licensee and licensor over arrears of licence fees and the allegedly wrongful termination of the licence, with resulting loss of business.
- A wide variety of property litigation disputes, including claims for breach of a landlord’s repairing covenant and consequential rental issues.
- Dispute between a substantial Residents Association and their managing agents over many issues, including landscaping, foul sewage, and service charges.
- Dispute between a managing agent and the residents association for a development of 81 homes in the midlands.
- Neighbourhood: Private nuisance claims, including one dispute under the Family Housing Group scheme involving noise nuisance and another including allegations of harassment.
Sale of Goods & Services: Dispute over the terms of the termination of a contract to provide e-learning and amount of the final contract payment.
Other Dispute Resolution Experience
Mark has worked in commercial litigation for 24 years. He has wide experience of dealing with disputes in a variety of tribunals, and has dealt with cases in a number of County Courts, the High Court, the Court of Appeal, the House of Lords as well as the Employment Tribunals and the Technology & Construction Court.
Updated: December 2015