To contact or appoint Mike Holland, call CEDR on +44 (0)207 536 6060 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
(As mediator and professional negotiator)
ICT – Information, Communication & Technology: Claim and counter-claim in respect of a contract to supply and install accounting and stock control software.
Insurance & Re-insurance
- Litigation in three continents involving five different jurisdictions (17 lawsuits in all) between one of the world’s largest banks and numerous insurers and reinsurers.
- Litigation between a major US Healthcare Insurer and its own Professional Liability Insurers.
- Class actions in respect of tax shelters involving multiple defendants and billions of dollars in claimed damages.
- Numerous coverage cases on direct and reinsurance policies for property, casualty, energy and marine business.
- Numerous disputes between Insurers and Brokers, Insurers and Agents, Insurers and Reinsurers.
- Cedant and Reinsurer disagreement about Adjustment Premium payment.
NHS & Healthcare: Dispute over the fair cost of care and nursing services.
Partnership & Shareholder: Dissolution of professional partnership.
- A personal injury claim involving a US fast food chain which attracted worldwide publicity and became the catalyst for legal reform initiatives.
- Accident involving personal injury or death to nine claimants.
- Claims relating to the catastrophic loss of an oil rig in the Gulf of Mexico resulting in loss of life.
- Claims of negligence and dishonesty against a financial adviser in respect of investments in high income bonds.
- Major managed litigation brought in respect of multiple claims for professional negligence against hundreds of defendants in separate High Court actions (co-mediator).
Sale of Goods & Services
- Dispute as to the rights and services of the residents of an assisted living/sheltered housing and care facility.
- Claims of negligence in connection with negotiations for the sale of a business unit and the drafting of a Sale and Purchase Agreement.
Other Dispute Resolution Experience
An experienced negotiator Mike has personally settled over eight hundred disputes in the past thirty years and has been responsible for directing the settlement of many more. In addition, he has acted as conciliator or facilitator in the resolution of several commercial disputes before litigation ensued.
Mike has successfully resolved disputes for people of African, Hispanic, Asian and European origin resident in the Northern and Southern States of the USA, Canada, Central and South America. He has also resolved disputes in or with residents of Canada, Africa, Australia, Germany, Austria, Italy, Switzerland, France, Belgium, Holland, Eire and the UK. These achievements were founded on solid preparation and a demonstrated respect for the individuals and their culture.
Mike also has experience of binding dispute resolution having acted at the request of parties as an expert adjudicator on a non-appealable basis. He has also advised on and implemented investigations, trial and arbitration strategy, mock trials, witness preparation, jury selection and settlement.
Updated: January 2018