To contact or appoint Neil Goodrum, call CEDR on +44 (0)207 536 6060 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Neil believes that mediation provides a perfect opportunity for meaningful dialogue, directly or indirectly, between the parties in a “safe environment”. His style is facilitative, with a willingness to intervene actively depending on the circumstances of the mediation. He is prepared to persist, challenge and take a firm approach to focus the parties on resolution, when required.
Feedback - Directories
“Peers report that he is great at the creative thinking that is sometimes necessary to eliciting the most useful information.” Neil’s approach is characterized as “accommodating, enthusiastic and fantastically persistent.”
- The Chambers Guide notes
Feedback - Clients
- “His positive determination was conveyed in an easy manner and by the patient calmness which continued through the extended hours of his mediation.”
- "He got to the nub of the issues very quickly and painlessly and was very professional."
- "He was an astute man and got on top of what was going to cut the mustard."
- "The individual clients in this case were very hostile towards one another and very difficult, the mediator dealt with the personalities very expertly."
- "He is an experienced mediator who made them all think differently about key issues."
- "He reality tested well and tried to push our client, I assume that he was doing the same with the other side."
- "Neil was very conciliatory and that was a 'good foil' for the two of us."
- "The relationship between the parties was very strained. He dealt with it very sensibly."
- "There was a lot of history to this matter and a lot of animosity, but he controlled that very well."
- "Tempers were running high and parties were frustrated but Neil handled the mediation well."
- “The prospects for a settlement did not seem particularly high at the start of the day. Neil worked well to get the parties together and achieve a settlement.”
- "He was very courteous and very persistent this was very effective."
- "Neil treated the parties and the issues with respect. He was very practical and was there to get the job done."
- “One of his best attributes was his manner and that way he ensured that everyone was comfortable.”
Updated: July 2018