To contact or appoint Noel Campbell, call CEDR on +44 (0)207 536 6060 or email email@example.com
(Non-Neutral work in italics)
Banking & Finance
- Five party banking/financial dispute (also involving solicitor’s negligence) which was settled over a two day mediation involving a husband and wife giving up their home as part of the settlement.
- Defending a member of the ruling family of a South East Asian state on a guarantee claim by a US bank.
- A series of recoveries cases for Barclays, involving claims on guarantees, undue influence, breach of mandate, fraud etc.
- Pursuing and settling misfeasance claims against directors of DPR Futures Limited put into liquidation in the wake of the Financial Services Act.
- $25m investor fraud and asset recovery case involving 17 jurisdictions.
- Investment bank trader fraud successfully settled following litigation and asset recovery steps taken in England, Bermuda, Jersey and Switzerland.
- Acting for major investment bank pursuing an $80m claim in the Bahamas based on fraudulent misrepresentation arising from the liquidation of an offshore investment fund.
- Technical dispute over supply and performance of refuse collection vehicles with attendant business loss claim.
- Several GAFTA (The international trade association) arbitrations.
Construction & Engineering
- Multi-million pound claim for a sub-contractor in respect of the building of the M11.
- Multi-million dollar construction arbitration for contractors (subsidiary of Hutchison Whampoa) on the construction of a wharf.
- Windscale planning enquiry (1976).
- Successful settlement of £100m + fraud/constructive trust claim acting for the liquidators of Arrows Limited.
- £3m insurance fraud involving tracing assets to the Cayman Islands, successfully settled (1997).
- Court of Appeal mediation of dispute between partners in an accounting/insolvency practice following break up of the practice after the imprisonment of one partner found guilty of fraud.
- Australian court - ordered mediation (two day) of intellectual property dispute involving copyright infringement of training manuals by former agent – successfully settled by means of the rival business being acquired and closed down.
- Industrial copyright cases.
- Musical copyright dispute.
- Passing off case acting for defendants against Tetrion (all-purpose decorating filler).
Partnership & Shareholder
- Substantial shareholder dispute involving an offshore vehicle incorporated in the Cayman Islands with $150m turnover - ultimately successfully settled after significant litigation in England, Cayman Islands, US and Korea.
- Claim by directors/shareholders in negligence against big five firm of accountants appointed by the bank as receivers over their business – settled.
- Professional negligence/fraud claim by client against solicitors for significant abuse of client account monies – settled (involving the Solicitors’ Indemnity Fund).
- Advising the Asian Wall Street Journal on libel matters.
- Shipping/bills of lading cases for Kuwait National Petroleum Co. and American Express International Banking Corp (1976-79).
Updated: September 2015