CEDR Panel member since 2017
- Chartered Quantity Surveyor
- Fellow of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (FRICS)
- Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (FCIArb)
- Diploma in International Arbitration, Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
- Accredited Expert Witness, Cardiff University Bond Solon Certificate (CUBS)
- MSc, Construction Law and Dispute Resolution
- Postgraduate Diploma, Construction Law and Dispute Resolution
- BSc, Quantity Surveying
- Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors
- Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
- Society of Construction Law
- The London Maritime Arbitrators Association (supporting member)
Panels / Registers / Databases
- Arbitrator – panel member, Centre for Effective Dispute Resolution (CEDR)
- Arbitrator – on database, London Court of International Arbitration (LCIA)
- Arbitrator – on list of supporting members, London Maritime Arbitrators Association (LMAA)
- Expert Witness – National Register of University Certificated Expert Witnesses
Over twenty-five years working on a wide range of large and complex engineering projects. Significant international project experience (17+ years) working in Europe, South America, North America, and the Middle East; performing contractual and commercial management. Extensive experience in the oil and gas sector on onshore and offshore oil and gas developments comprising well manifolds, process trains, tank batteries, pipelines, water treatments plants, substations and power distribution, fixed platforms, FPSO’s, subsea production systems, umbilicals, risers and flowlines. Appreciation of the practical, technical, and legal issues in projects. Experience includes:
- Contract strategy development, contracting policies and procedures, cost engineering,
- Pre contract - drafting of terms, prequalification, tender preparation, evaluation and award recommendation,
- Post contract – contractual correspondence, cost monitoring, letters, variations analysis, reports,
- Claims analysis – variations, extensions of time, prolongation, acceleration, disruption, quantum, liquidated damages, force majeure, site conditions, specifications and drawings, warranty. Procedures, reports, negotiation and resolution. Settlement Agreements,
- Dispute resolution - advice, mitigation strategies and techniques,
- Settlement of final accounts, contract/project closeout,
- Understanding of multi-cultures and processes,
- Contract types – Engineer, Procure, Construct (EPC), construction rates, services and term, purchase orders, rental, reimbursable,
- Sectors – Oil & Gas, Process & Industrial, Infrastructure, Marine, Energy, Transportation, Building.
2017 to present – Independent Sole Practioner
Provision of Arbitrator, Expert Witness, Claims and Quantity Surveying services.
English – mother tongue.
Spanish – conversational and basic business.