To contact or appoint Richard Butler, call CEDR on +44 (0)207 536 6060 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Richard qualified as a solicitor in 1985 and became a partner a partner at Norton Rose in the 1990’s. He was involved in numerous reported cases conducted in the High Court, Court of Appeal and House of Lords in the property field. He advised and represented clients on disputes relating to real property, including landlord and tenant disputes (contested rent reviews, dilapidations, forfeiture and possession actions, etc.); insolvency problems relating to real property (disclaimer of leases, proof and subrogation claims, etc.); secured lending problems relating to real property (mortgage repossessions, foreclosures, fraud and professional negligence relating to mortgage transactions, etc.); and litigation resulting from land transactions (disputes under development agreements, specific performance, rescission, boundary disputes, etc.).
Appointed as ADR Expert by European Parliament for the purposes of the ADR Directive – April 2006.
Relevant Academic Achievements
- Visiting Professor of Dispute Resolution - Nottingham Law School - January 1999 onwards
- King's College, University of London. LLM 1988 with Merit
- Solicitor since 1985
- Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators by examination
- High Court Advocate (Civil)
- Harvard Law School – Mediation and Negotiation Workshops – June 2006
Dispute Resolution Publications
- Droit et Affaires, June 1989, p.121.
- The Arbitration, 1991, p.145.
- Rent Review and Lease Renewal 1993, vol.13 No.3, p.191.
- Estates Gazette. March 12th 1994 p.99.
- Property Week. August 23rd 1996, p.12.
- In-House Lawyer. February 1997.
- Internet. http.//www.businessmonitor.co.uk/docs/proc/hd14/job05.html.
- Estates Gazette. March 28th 1998 p 138.
- Rent Review and Lease Renewal 1998, vol.18 No.4, p.354.
- Rent Review and Lease Renewal 1999, No.1, p.16.
- Rent Review and Lease Renewal 1999, No.2.
- SAAMCO in Practice in Commercial Remedies Ed Burrows A. and Peel E. Oxford University Press 2003.
Updated: December 2015