To contact or appoint Robert Juniper, call CEDR on +44 (0)207 536 6060 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
"Able to steer the process and maintain progress throughout the day." - Client Feedback
Robert Juniper has conducted over 75 mediations, mainly related to his speclist areas of expertise namely construction, engineering and property. He is the former Senior Partner of surveying practice The Daniel Connal Partnership based in Colchester and remains an active practitioner with the firm concentrating on his work as a mediator, construction adjudicator, arbitrator and expert witness in construction cases.
Robert possesses over 40 years experience in the construction industry working with many different public and private sector clients. His expertise covers a wide range of projects and procurement methods having worked as a quantity surveyor, employer's agent, project manager, expert witness, dispute panel chairman, Party's Representative in Arbitration proceedings, Arbitrator and Adjudicator.
Construction & Engineering
- Structural steelwork, Erector and Manufacturer, Claims and Counterclaims in connection with five contracts in UK and abroad, complexities of liquidation, legal aid and funds abroad.
- Chemical Plant, Main Contractor and Sub Contractor, Design and Installation of mechanical and electrical services, thirteen heads of claim and various counterclaims.
- House alterations, builder and house owner, extra works.
- City office refurbishment, main contractor and subcontractor, sprinkler installation, flooding of basements.
- Repair and maintenance, City Housing Asssociation and Contractor, alleged failures to adhere to Partnering agreement and term contract with contract termination.
- Lifts in prestigious office development, main contractor and subcontractor, additional works, contra changes and remedial work.
- Motorway works, clients and contractor and subcontractor, specialist equipment, specification, approvals delays and costs.
- University, client and contractor and subcontractor, specialist concrete works, specification, quality, remedial works, delays, claims and counterclaims.
- Dispute between a building contractor and claims manager regarding outstanding payments and alleged lack of skill and care.
- Defective building work and unpaid invoices.
- House survey, professional negligence, surveyor and house owner, defects and loss of value.
- Architectural services, professional negligence, architect and solictor house owner.
- Land sale, developer and vendor, access and boundaries not provided as agreed, consequential changes to buildings for developer’s clients.
- Purchase of a pub and a car park. The defendants had allegedlly built on the land purchased by the claimant.
- Landlord & Tenant
- Wholesale Premises, Lease, Landlord and Tenant, redevelopment plans, interruption of business and dilapidations.
Sale of Goods & Services
- Equipment export for Commonweath Games, alleged defects and pursuit of payment.
- Dispute between a building contractor and house owner regarding costs, delays and remedial work.
Bob has a facilitative style and uses the dynamic opportunituies that mediation offers over other forms of dispute resolution to help parties reach solutions. Nevertheless, his experience as a Quantity Surveyor, Adjudicator and Arbitrator means that he can take an evaluative role when all Parties require.
Feedback - Clients
- “Bob was very good. He grasped the legal & technical issues and was very practical in helping the parties work through the problem and reaching settlement. He would use Bob again.”
- “Able to steer the process and maintain progress throughout the day.”
- “Able to explain in a calm and non-judgemental manner.”
- “Able to put the parties at ease and gained their confidence.”
- “Determined and made parties try harder.”
- “Made the parties feel comfortable.”
- “Able to confront difficult topics.”
- “Good reality tester.”
- 1964 Joined Daniel B Connal & Partners, Chartered Quantity Surveyors, at Southend-on-Sea as a Junior Surveyor.
- 1971 Opened Colchester Office as Office Manager.
- 1972 Appointed as an Associate in charge of Colchester Office.
- 1975 Became Partner in charge of Colchester Office.
- 1994 Responsibilities additionally extended to the charge and development of a newly acquired Norwich Office until locally managed by resident Partner in 1998.
- 1996 Role widened to embrace the development of Mediation within the Daniel Connal Partnership.
Bob is a Fellow of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors, the Faculty of Building and the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators. He is also one of the CEDR Solve panel of adjudicators.
Updated: May 2016