To contact or appoint Robert Sear, call CEDR on +44 (0)207 536 6060 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
(Non-Neutral work in italics)
Banking & Finance
- A claim for accelerated finance payments (£350,000) against a guarantor in which settlement was achieved in one day.
- Claim in an Administration regarding monies advanced under a syndicated loan agreement, issues of fiduciary duty and interpretation of the loan documentation.
- Claim for monies due for goods supplied under a distribution agreement, issues relating to the terms of a written agreement and subsequent oral variations made by the parties.
- Claim for warehousing costs relating to storage of perishable goods. Dispute related to interpretation of terms and conditions of storage following contamination of goods.
- Commercial and contractual disputes: Acting for banks, companies and entrepreneurs. This includes acting for US and EU corporations and individuals and advising on multi-jurisdictional claims and forum shopping.
Insolvency: Advising and acting on behalf of Insolvency Practitioners acting as administrators, receivers and liquidators. Also advising and acting on behalf of creditors, directors and shareholders. Investigation of wrongful and fraudulent trading by directors, including criminal proceedings; pursuit of creditors’ claims including retention of title – mixed goods and tracing actions.Dispute between a Liquidator and a director of insolvent company about the identity and validity of certain payments made immediately prior to liquidation by the company to third parties.
Partnership & Shareholder
- A claim for shares in a start-up business (claim valued in excess of £250,000).
- Dispute between the directors and shareholders of a manufacturing company.
- Family farming partnership dispute between two generations of farmers.
- Acting for a partner of a Central London law firm regarding the enforceability of restraint of trade covenants following his departure from that firm.
- Acting for two directors of a company in connection with claims for breach of fiduciary duty and secret profit.Dispute between former directors and partners concerning a partnership for the development of residential property.
- Dispute between directors and shareholders over the valuation of a company and its shares.
- Dispute between a Liquidator and a director of insolvent company about the identity and validity of certain payments made immediately prior to liquidation by the company to third parties.
- Shareholders and directors’ disputes:including minority actions, fiduciary duties of directors and directors’ rights and obligations.
- Partnership disputes: acting for both individual partners and firms including matters of partner conduct such as issues of good faith and confidentiality.
Sale of Goods & Services
- Dispute concerning business to business supply of goods, issues of late delivery and conformity to contract.
- Claim for unpaid fees for accountancy services and issues of professional negligence.
- Farm production business: sale for goods dispute between two companies.
- Acting for various EU credit insurers and recovery agents concerning sale of goods claims in the UK.
Trusts, Wills & Probate
- Acting for trustees in relation to their duties and obligations in connection with high profile beneficiaries.
- Acting for trustees relating to a claim over land by an individual holding ancient Manorial titles.
- Advising trustees in connection with their duties, obligations and powers.
Updated: December 2015